Chapter Seventeen

Since the hospital had cleared her, Endeavor had no reason to force her to stay home and so Kiyo returned to UA. Her classmates were all relieved to see her and informed her that she had received the most offers out of anyone else from pro hero agencies wanting her to intern with them. Mr. Kan gave her a list where all her offers had come from. Almost every agency in Japan, and even a few in other countries had made her an offer. She immediately scorched her father's agency off the paper before her gaze fell on the current 3rd ranked hero's name. Best Jeanist, would make for a suitable mentor. It also might irritate her father to be passed over, since All Might's agency wasn't an option, which would have really pissed him off.

After making her decision she headed to the teacher's lounge after school to let Mr. Kan know. Several other teachers were at their desks working on various things. There were a handful of students speaking with various teachers. She spotted the hot headed blonde at Mr. Aizawa's desk. He shot her a glare which she ignored as she headed to Mr. Kan's desk. He was eating a bowl of ramen at his desk while looking through stacks of papers. His dark red eyes flicked upward as she came to a stop at his desk and he offered her a warm smile.

"Everything alright, Kiyo?" He asked.

She nodded, "I decided on an agency I'd like to intern with."

"Already? You had so many, are you sure you had enough time to consider them all?" He asked wanting to be sure she wasn't rushing into anything since she was still out of sorts.

"I'm sure." She replied confidently.

"Alright, where did you decide?"

"Best Jeanist's Agency." Kiyo replied.

"What?!" Bakugo roared from the other side of the room causing the teachers who had been focused on their work to jump. Present Mic ended up spilling his drink all over himself when he'd jumped.

Kiyo turned to the irate blonde as he stomped in her direction.

"Like hell you are! That's where I'm going." Bakugo growled at her.

Kiyo shrugged and ignored him.

"H-Hey!" Bakugo snapped.

"Is there anything else I need to do?" She asked Mr. Kan who was looking at the angry blonde warily.

"Nope, I'll handle it." Mr. Kan replied.

"Thank you, Mr. Kan." She bowed her head politely and turned to walk away.

Bakugo grabbed her by the arm before withdrawing with a hiss at the burning cold. "The hell?" He shot her a dark look, "we still have a score to settle."

"Since when?" Kiyo frowned.

"Since the Sports Festival!" Bakugo glowered.

"Who are you again?" Kiyo asked with a smirk knowing it would get a rise out of him.

Mr. Kan watched the pair of them not sure if he should step in or let Kiyo handle it on her own. He was worried for the girl, she'd seemed so broken and vulnerable at the festival, but now she was blazing with confidence. He wasn't sure if it was a preservation tactic but he was worried she'd burn out.

Bakugo bristled with rage. "Katsuki. Bakugo." He hissed.

"Doesn't ring a bell." Kiyo shrugged and walked away.

Present Mic snickered, "ouch."

Bakugo shot him a glare and stormed after her, "hold on a minute."

Kiyo paused and turned to him, her patience wearing thin, "what?" Her tone was icy.

"I want to know who would win in a fight between the two of us." He growled.