Impending Doom

A/N: Double update this week since the manga is on break this week and I was missing it :(

The next chapter will definitely take some time and be pretty long since it will be the entirety of the Valhalla fight and will most likely pass the show, so manga spoilers may be inbound then.

Just a reminder, I posted this story on AO3 as well if that's easier for you to navigate. My username on there is the same one as on here.

Word count: 4.7k

-

TOKYO DETENTION CENTER, THIRD POV.

"You're back again, Takemitchy?" Draken entered the room to see his old friend along with the detective, Naoto, once again. Takemichi was wearing a grey hoodie while Naoto sported his usual suit.

Takemichi's face was contorted in distress as he looked upon the former vice-president of Toman. He had so many questions, he didn't even know where to begin.

"I'm sorry to keep bugging you like this, Draken-kun," Takemichi uttered as Draken walked towards the seat in front of him, the two only separated by glass.

"I told you to leave Tokyo," Draken said sternly, a look of disapproval evident on his face as he sat down in the uncomfortable folding chair.

"I needed to ask you something," Takemichi followed Draken's actions, resting in his own seat before he continued, "You remember that biker gang twelve years ago called Valhalla that had an unknown leader, right?"

"Yeah."

"Is their leader... Kisaki Tetta?" Takemichi's eyes searched Draken's face for any sign of realization or even shock but to no avail. Draken was a stone wall, void of emotion.

"No, he's not," Draken looked down at the ground, reverting his gaze from Takemichi's face as he thought back to that incident. He felt so utterly useless that day, he couldn't stop him.

He never could.

"Huh?"

"The head of Valhalla is Mikey," Draken spoke calmly, raising his head to meet Takemichi's confused eyes once again. Much to his surprise, Takemichi gasped, as if this was new information to him.

"What?"

"Valhalla's a gang that was put together for Mikey," Draken explained, not understanding why Takemichi was asking such questions.

"But that's..." Takemichi trailed off before losing his composure and bursting out of his seat, raising Naoto's attention from the corner of the room, "That's impossible! Mikey-kun's the head of Toman!"

"Impossible? You remember, don't you?" Draken's face twisted in a combination of concern and confusion as he internally questioned Takemichi's long-term memory. How could he possibly have forgotten Toman's fall from grace? The infamous Bloody Halloween?

Takemichi felt similar to Draken, not understanding what Draken was talking about. He was there? He would have remembered that... right?

"Twelve years ago on October 31st, the Bloody Halloween..." Draken went on, choosing to ignore Takemichi's memory issues for now, "Toman was taken over by Valhalla, and the new Tokyo Manij Gang was created with Valhalla as its parent organization. That's the current Toman."

Bloody Halloween... Himiko had mentioned that the other day, and now Draken was using the same term. What could have happened that made the Invincible Mikey surrender? Did Toman lose to a gang that didn't even have a concrete leader? If Kisaki wasn't the leader like he and Chifuyu thought, how was he connected to all of this?