Mistakes

A/N: So sorry this chapter was so delayed </3 the manga fucks me up istg

I hope you enjoy, despite the angst. Welcome to the Tenijku arc :)

College is kicking my ass rn so chapters may be delayed from now on. Sorry for the inconvenience but I am doing everything I can!

WARNING: Descriptions of blood, gun violence, and character death. Read at your own risk.

Word count: 6k

-

12 YEARS LATER, THE DAY OF THE FUNERAL, HIMIKO'S POV.

My alarm sounded, indicating that it was time for me to get up and ready. But I hadn't slept a wink.

Not since the killings began.

One by one, the most important people to me were ripped away. It was devastating, anytime I thought I was safe, another one had fallen. It came to the point that I was begging for myself to be next, so that I wouldn't have to live in this Hell any further.

But he never came.

Nobody came.

They just kept dying. And today was what seemed like the millionth funeral this year.

This time was Mitsuya. While the two of us weren't nearly as close as I was with Ken-chin or Chifuyu, losing him still hurt a great deal. He was one of the only friends I had left... it hurt so bad once the realization dawned upon me...

"Mitsuya... please answer me!" I had screamed into my phone, knowing it was for naught. He told me his time was limited, he warned me. But he was all I had. I was clinging onto him so hard, hoping he wouldn't ruin anything... but it wasn't enough.

Why couldn't it have just been me instead?

I took a deep breath and reluctantly rolled out of bed. Taking a good look at myself in the mirror, my eyes traced my frown lines from the years of sadness, the dark bags under my eyes, my hair a complete wreck. God. I looked so fucking hideous.

But who cares, right? All of my friends are dead. I may as well be too.

This was like the last straw for me. I couldn't see how I could possibly go on after losing Mitsuya. It was hard enough when Ken-chin died... What was the point of living anymore if everyone I held dear was going to be ripped away?

I had never understood his life so much before. This must have been how he felt after Shinichiro... after Baji... after...

No. Himiko, he's the bad guy, remember? He's the jackass who decided to leave and start killing everyone I held dear.

That necklace was long gone now.

My black dress was leaned over one of my shitty chairs as if it were a routine now. I wore the very same dress each time. There was no point in purchasing another one, I would just need it that much sooner. They all left, they all died. They were all taken away from me. One by one.

It was exhausting. Repeating the same process, endlessly. I would take off my pajamas, the ratty, old sweatshirt I couldn't bear to throw out, and slip into the black dress. I would run my brush through my hair a few times, but not enough to look presentable in any way. It didn't matter. I didn't care what I looked like. I just wanted all of the pain and suffering to end.