Justice

A/N: I'm still torn up about 221 and 222 WASNT ANY BETTER so there is a ton of foreshadowing in here I'm so sorry in advance

I think I'm gonna stick with updating on Tuesdays after the chapter comes out, so definitely keep an eye out every Tuesday unless I post otherwise

I've outlined this story to be able 30 chapters so far, once completely caught up with the manga. In order to keep me motivated, reads, comments, votes, or shares are really appreciated! I'm so thankful for all of the attention I've gathered thus far, thank you so much for the support <3

Word count: 6.1k

-

AT THE SHRINE, TWO MINUTES TILL MIDNIGHT, HIMIKO'S POV.

"Mikey!" I whined, tugging back on his hand so that he would stop dragging me along with him, "You're gonna rip my arm off!"

"Stop being so slow, Himi-chan!" he called out to me, refusing to slow down, "You gotta be quicker than that!"

"Your legs are longer than mine, you asshole!"

I could faintly hear Ken-chin and Emma laughing behind us as they leisurely made their way through the crowds that Mikey just couldn't wait to pass. I groaned at his stubbornness and picked up the pace as I followed him.

Emma and I spent countless hours preparing our hair and attire for tonight, we both wanted it to be special. Christmas wasn't the only holiday I wasn't used to celebrating, the New Year was also one I never had the pleasure to actually do something for. Mikey had already decided we would go to the shrine, and Emma took over making sure we looked fabulous. I had plenty of practice with hair and makeup from dance, so we went crazy by curling our hair and styling it up with beautiful flowers and bows. We wore matching daisy earrings in our ears as well. Needless to say, Mikey and Ken-chin were both shell-shocked when they saw us for the first time tonight.

Mikey had pulled me aside before we left for the shrine just to tell me how beautiful and radiant I looked. He made me blush, even if I had received praise like this before, none of it held a candle to what it meant to hear it from him. I wanted so badly to kiss him in gratitude for his kind words, but Emma made sure to tell me that I wasn't allowed to ruin the lip gloss she lent me by placing my lips on her "idiot brother's" ones.

All of a sudden, something fell by Mikey's feet. We had finally reached a clearing from the endless amounts of people gathered around the shrine but what seemed to be an ema had appeared on the ground. Mikey leaned over to pick it up, examining the art of the wolf that adorned the back.

"Wait for me!" a familiar voice cried out, revealing Takemitchy stumbling towards us with several Toman members on his tail, "My ema!!"

"Your Emma?" I heard Emma snap behind me, as she and Ken-chin had caught up with us after Mikey had already picked up the ema that seemingly belonged to Takemitchy, "What do you mean your Emma?"

"Oh!" Ken-chin nodded at the sight of his friend who was completely out of breath and frantic to get his ema back, "Takemitchy."

"Did you mean this?" Mikey held up Takemitchy's ema with a cheeky, closed-eyed grin. Takemitchy screamed out, running up to Mikey.

"Please give that back!!" he pleaded, while Mikey's expression remained the same.

"You look pretty desperate," he teased, outstretching his hand that held the ema to Takemitchy, "Okay! Here you go."

Just then, several shouts could be heard throughout the entirety of the shrine. Takemitchy's hand faltered in the air as people ran past our group in excitement.