Bitter Truth

A/N: I wanted to fit the entire timeskip in this chapter but it was getting too long so I cut it in two. This portion of the present will be over next chapter and it's back to the past from there! So sorry if any of it feels too long, I wanted to maintain the core of the story and keep Himiko's additions where they're needed. As you will see from reading this, she is more involved in this future! Keep that in mind when reading :P

WARNING: This chapter contains physical violence as well as gun violence. Read at your own risk.

Word count: 8.1k

-

12 YEARS AFTER, AT THE RENTAL STORE, THIRD POV.

Takemichi had traveled back to the present after being named the first division captain of Toman. Although this was a big step up from before and he was closer to figuring out how to get Kisaki booted so that Toman could be pure, there were still so many things he had to take care of. He knew Kisaki's influence led to Valhalla increasing Toman's numbers, but he had to figure out how Kisaki was always one step ahead of him. No matter what he did, it always seemed that Kisaki had some sort of countermeasure.

Kisaki is the enemy...

Baji's words echoed in Takemichi's head as he returned to his own timeline. He would not let Baji's warning go unheard, he wasn't the only one who listened to it as well. Chifuyu would definitely have his back on this, and he could even talk to Himiko about it. He wasn't alone in this...

However, speaking to Himiko might pose a problem since she's so close to Mikey. For some reason, Takemichi wasn't sure how exactly Mikey would react to negative thoughts about someone who has clearly done so much for Toman. In his eyes, Kisaki helped with Pah-chin as well as creating peace between Toman and Valhalla. No matter what Baji said to Takemichi, his actions didn't compare to Kisaki's...

At least not yet.

Takemichi found himself back in the rental store, as usual. He puffed out his cheeks in frustration as the manager neared her way to him with her typical blank stare.

And then she bowed her head.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," she apologized, lifting her head with a patient smile, "The video you're looking for doesn't appear to be in stock at this location."

What... the fuck?

Something wasn't right. Takemichi suddenly took a good look at himself, noticing in his hands was a top-class leather bag along with an expensive watch adorning his wrist. He rushed to the bathroom to see his appearance and was horrified to find out that his usually messy hair was slicked back. He internally panicked, not even recognizing the man looking back at him. Who... was he in this future?

Takemichi left the store in a daze, not understanding anything that was going on. He had only just been named the first division leader when he left... what could have possibly happened that led to him becoming this strange version of himself?

"You're late, Takemichi!" a gruff voice called out, ripping Takemichi out of his confused thoughts. He looked up to greet an unfamiliar face, a man with long, brown, gelled-back hair and round glasses. He had two piercings on his ear as well as a scar on his eyebrow. Takemichi gulped at the sight.

He looked downright scary.

"You're really into this rental store, huh?" the guy scoffed, motioning to a sleek, black car in front of him, "Hurry up and get in!"

Takemichi was about as disoriented as a person could be, but he followed the creepy man's orders. The two of them sat in the backseat as a dark-haired male drove quietly, seeming to know where he was going when no one had told him any location. Takemichi glanced at the man next to him.