13 don't care

The atmosphere was so awkward, Kun wished the floor would swallow him right there instead of experiencing this. His father, Mr. Qian invited them into the private dinner. Kun was fine with it at first. Having a dinner with your parents and your lover is not a bad idea.

But the problem here is, he is now facing his cousin; his father's company heir, Xiao Dejun, along with his parents (Kun's uncle and aunt). He is so irritated. He know his father had plan this since the beginning.

Oh how much he regreted coming here.

"So. How are you, Kun?"

Kun lifted his gaze from the food. "Ah. I'm doing fine, father. Better than ever," he replied with a smile. He hated it.

"You never told us you have a girlfriend."

The father retorted abruptly causing everyone on the table to look at Y/N. Y/N had no idea what were they talking about so she just stayed quite, curving her lips into a small smile not wanting to look rude.

Kun then chuckled, "well, said the one who changed their number and never told me," as if I'm not his son, he wanted to say that but he hold it. Kun was satisfied as he saw how his father gritted his teeth angrily, anger boiling inside of him. He looked like he's about to burst his madness, but surprisingly, Dejun's parents laugh harmonically- stopping the old man from getting angry.

"Oh Kun, you should just ask for it from your mother?" Mrs. Xiao smiled softly.

"True, your father must be waiting for your call."

The couple responded to the joke while laughing. Is it a joke though?

Mr Qian calmed himself before speaking, "I'm sorry, son. I forgot. I was too busy handling my company since the supposedly heir was not here. I was struggling all alone and I'm already old now. So old I need a new heir. But now my son is here. Look at my boy, all grown up. He's handsome like his father."

Kun sneered internally. I was 20 years old the last time you saw me, "I'm pretty sure I have mother's face."

"Kun." Mrs. Qian spoke lowly. Kun took glance to his mother and mouthed, "sorry ma."

"How's your career, Kun? I heard you were hired in some local company?" Mr. Xiao started a conversation.

"Ah yes. I was hired by LabelV."

"Wait... isn't that under SM entertainment?" Mrs. Xiao interrupted the two.

Kun just nodded and smile to see his aunt got all excited. "I've always like TVXQ! Oh how much I want to meet them but unfortunately they are not 5 anymore," her voice was slightly high pitched as she turned around to face Mrs. Qian.

"Isn't SM entertainment one of the biggest company in South Korea?" Mr. Xiao asked again in curiosity.

"Yes it is."

"You must be doing very well then."

"I'm doing very well, Mr. Xiao. I'm happy with my path," Kun heightened his volume on purpose, "It's worth it."

"Worth it huh? My money flew away and it was worth it?" Mr. Qian muttered lowly but enough for everyone to hear. His wife could only sigh in frustration. When will her husband and son stop arguing?

"It's really worth it." Kun simply answered.

"Ungrateful like always-"

Kun suddenly stood up- plastering a small smile on his face.

"I'm going to take some air. I feel suffocated. Excuse me," he then left the room living everyone confused especially Y/N.

.