8. Alone

I opened my eyes to the sun brightly shining through my bedroom window. I could hear the birds chirping outside and the wind blowfly through the trees, It was peaceful.

I turned over to my bed side table and looked at the time, I read 10:38 am. It was a Saturday so I didn't have work today. I worked at the local grocery store, It was a boring basic job but it let me pay the bills so I didn't complain much.

I closed my eyes again wanting a little more sleep when I remembered everything from the night before. I put my hands over my face letting out a loud sigh before I sat up placing my feet on the cold wooden floor. I stood up and stretched a bit before I started making my way to the kitchen, I was hungry and wanted some break fast.

As I opened the fridge something caught my eye, It was a open note book sitting on the counter. I walked over to it and there was writing inside.

"Cya soon" - Ghostface

I sighed and closed the book, I was hoping I could have some company today but I understood why he left.

I was also very confused at my feelings towards him, Even though he was a killer I felt oddly safe and comfortable around him. I shook my head as I caught my mind drifting to what he might look like under the mask, I didn't want to get ahead of myself. Besides there was a very high chance he was just playing around with me before he would eventually kill me.

I ate breakfast quickly because I had to go to the store today. The fridge and cupboards were started to look a little empty.

I grabbed my keys off the kitchen table before walking out of my house and locking the front door behind me. 

It was only a fifteen minute drive to the grocery store,  It was the same grocery store I worked at.  I parked near the front of the parking lot and walked inside.

I walked through the almost empty store putting simple stuff in my shopping cart like bread, milk, and eggs.  I also bought a frozen pizza I was planning on eating for dinner. 

I paid for my groceries obviously and walked out to my car.  putting my groceries in the backseat and driving home.

I unlocked the front door to my house, walking in and taking off my shoes.  I sighed realizing Ghostface wasn't in my house waiting for me.  I haven't really had anyone to talk to in a few years,  of course I had some friends but they all left eventually when they found better friends.  But Ghostface made me feel something,  almost like a feeling that everything was going to be ok. 

Will he be back? I hope he will. 

I sat down on the couch in the living room before turning on the tv,  I was alone again.