HEESEUNG: BABYSITTING

~Your POV~

"Channie, Eunnie~"

Here I am, playing hide & seek with my little siblings who are twins. How did I get here you ask? Well it all started when my dad decided to pay a visit.

~Flashback~

"Hee," I yelled out for my boyfriend,      "They should be here any minute!"

My father decided to come over to our house today because ever since I moved out my siblings have been complaining about how much they miss me. Me and my father never really had a relationship. After my mom died when I was about 8, my dad became abusive and would always hurt me mentally and emotionally. He never laid a hand on me though. Every day he would come home late and I was basically his slave. Doing all the chores, making sure everything was in his arm's length. My dad had remarried when I was 11 and it became even worse. 

Once the twins were born it didn't change much. Until I made a deal with my dad, that if I wouldn't fight back he wouldn't hurt the twins. It worked for about 6 years. Until he got fed up with me and kicked my out when I was 17. I haven't seen him since then. I've seen the twins a couple times. He couldn't keep me away from them forever, I basically took care of them and raised them myself. All he did was put a roof over their heads.

Based off my knowledge my dad never cared about what we wanted. Maybe the twin's whining got to much for him so he just agreed to let me see them. Either way I'm happy I get the chance.

"Arin? You okay?" Heeseung's voice snapped me out of my trance

"Ah yes! I'm fine. Are you ready? Let's go down stairs, they should be here any minute." Not believing my words at all, Heeseung still just hesitantly nodded and followed me downstairs. Once we reached downstairs I heard the doorbell and mentally prepared myself for this encounter.

Once I reached the door I expected their dad to come to the door to atleast make sure the twins made it safe. But when I opened the door, I was met with the twins standing with two suitcases, a note, and in the distance I could hear a car screeching away, with music blasting. I froze. I don't know if it was from anger, disappointment, shock, or all three.

Either way Heeseung noticed how tense I got and said, "Hi kids! 👋 My name is Heeseung. I'm your sister's boyfriend and I've heard so much about you guys! How about we get you guys inside and then we can make hot chocolate? Hmm?" The kids excitedly  went with Heeseung to go make some hot chocolate.

Once he got the kids settled down watching cartoons with their hot chocolate he came back to the door and, as expected, saw me still standing there just looking at the door with a blank face.

~Heeseung's POV~

From the second Arin spaced out when she called me, I knew she wasn't fine but I wasn't going to press the issue because I didn't think it was worth it. But seeing how she reacted when she didn't even actually see her dad makes me concerned. She said she's fine and I would like to believe she got over it but her actions say otherwise.

When she opened the door she just completely froze and I know it had to of have something to do with her dad but I don't know exactly what she's thinking about him. But whatever it may be, she had two little kids outside in the cold. So I quickly introduced myself to the kids and got them to come inside. I carried their bags upstairs and I noticed that it felt pretty heavy and definitely had way more stuff in it for just a day or two. Once I got them comfortable with blankets and hot chocolate I asked them their names and why their suitcases were so heavy.

"So.. now you guys know my name but I still haven't gotten yours. How about we each take a turn telling each other our names, age and a nickname we have. What do y'all think?" They immediately lit up at that idea.