Chapter 4: Mary Lou's I Love You's

ANSWER TO THE LAST RIDDLE: A CANDLE.

RIDDLE OF THE CHAPTER: HOW CAN A PANTS POCKET BE EMPTY AND STILL HAVE SOMETHING IN IT?

~:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:~

Cammie's P.O.V.

"This is so exciting! My best friend is going on a date with a Prince! I mean, how many times does this happen in a lifetime?"

"Look, Mary. We're just friends. This is probably a one time thing. He's had thousands of girlfriends in the past." I was getting ready for my date with Eddie and Mary would not stop talking about it.

"But maybe this is the real thing. I can see it now. Mr. and Mrs. Edward Wales. Prince and Princess of England. I'll be the maid of honor-"

"Mary."

"-and then you'll have two kids. I'll be the god-mother of little Ed and Sharen-"

"Mary!"

"-and you'll live in the palace with-"

"Mary! Would you please let me get a word in edgewise? It's just one date, okay? Not a romance novel." I picked up my purse. "Do you want me to get you anything?"

"No thanks. Have fun!" She yelled laying down on her bed. "Mrs. Edward Wales."

"I heard that!" Laughing I walked to the boys room and knocked on the door. Milo opened it.

"Yes mistress Cammie?"

"Is Eddie ready yet?"

"Almost. Would you care to wait?"

"Guess not. What a royal pain." I said under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing." I said walking backwards into the living room which wasn't a good idea because I tripped over a pillow and was on my way to the floor. But before I could fall Milo ran over and caught me.

"Are you alright you highness?"

"Yes I'm fi-. Your what now?"

"What? Oh dear um. I said you dry mess. Yes, thats what I said."

"Oh. I'm fine thank you." I could've sworn he said your highness.

Eddie came out of his room with a bag. "Are you ready to leave? Oh I'm terribly sorry. Did I interrupt something?"

"No master Edward. I was just telling mistress Cammie how lovely she looks today. Excuse me. I'm going to go dust the fruit." Milo bowed and trotted himself into the kitchen.

"Okay." I said dragging out the a. "You have a really weird butler." Why did he want to keep that a secret? 

"He is somewhat odd isn't he. Here, put this on." He said handing me the bag.

"What is it?"

"Disguises. You don't want a repeat of yesterday do you?"

"Guess not." I grabbed the bag and emptied it out onto the couch. There was a fake moustache, reading glasses, a brown wig, and a cowboy hat.

                        ***

Fifteen minutes later we were walking to 'Mary Lou's I Love You's', the ice cream shop Eddie was taking me to and we both looked completely ridiculous. He looked like an old man with an overgtown moustache and glasses and my wig was driving me crazy. It looked like I had a giant rats nest on my head.

"Milo's right you know."

"Huh?" I asked not knowing what he was referring to.

"What he said earlier. He was right. You do look beautiful today."