Chapter 6: You Live in a Sewer!

Catherine's P.O.V.

As I slowly came out of my slumber, I became aware of my surroundings. It was dark but not enough to not be able to see things close up. There was water running around me on the ground with rats running in it, and the air around me stunk like crazy. In other words, I was in a sewer.

"Well look who finally decided to wake up. You were out for hours. In the future, remind me to never hit you in the head ever again."

"Who says we will meet again? Once you let me go I will run miles away from you. For all I care your just a homeless crazy person living in a fantasy because your a lonely coward." I said with a death glare.

"You make a lot of assumptions just by looking at someone. Better watch that smart mouth of yours." While he talked I saw sorrow flash in his eyes, but it was quickly covered by hate. "Except I do not know why you are insulting yourself. Does that not put you into a depressed state leading you to suicide. Then again, one less you would make the world a better place." He snarled back.

"Looks like I'm not the only one with a smart mouth here. Only difference is, you've had ages more than I to practice."

"Did you just imply that I'm old?"

"Well I certainly didn't imply that you just came out of the delivery room. Though I guess that would explain why your homeless. No one would want you with them, much less in their home." Right when the words left my mouth he snarled at me. I knew I had crossed the line. And I was going to regret it.

Suddenly the man's eyes turned blood red and his skin turned ghostly pale.

Before I could even finish my thought I was pushed up against the sewer wall, being held by my throat. I could barely breath.

"Don't you ever, EVER say that to me again!" He snarled.

Apparently I hit a sensitive spot that I know I never want to hit again. That is if I lived past the next couple of minutes.

"What are you?" I managed to get out.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out. I need your help."

"Why would I help you?" I snapped back.

"Because, I can give you what you want." He said dropping me to the ground.

Coughing I responded, "How would you know what I want."

"I've heard a lot about you Catherine Goode. I know your biggest fears and your darkest secrets. I know you are a spy trying to keep the Circle of Cavan alive. And I also know that you want Cammie Morgan dead. All I ask is that you help me get near the royal family and kill them."

"How exactly does Cammie Morgan fit into this scenario?"

"Cammie is, let's say, aquainted to the prince. You need to get close to her and get me close to the prince."

"So let me get this straight. You want to take down the royal families but you need Cammie to get closer to the prince?" He nodded. I had to admit, this was somewhat of a good plan. I just needed to know one thing. "Why?"

"Because then people will bow down to me after realizing how powerful I am and then I will rule the world. But I need to take down all powerful families like the Morgan and the Wales family." He said.

"You're not getting very far. I mean, you live in a sewer!"

"It's to stay undercover!"

"Sure." I said. "But you have one flaw in your plan. Cammie isn't from an important family. Even if she was it's going to be difficult to get near her. My son and her friends have a tight bond and protect her with their lives."

"Oh, I'm not worried about them."

"Who are you worried about?"

"You. You might give me away. I'll have to take extra precautions."

A liquid looking light started radiating off of him onto me.

"You will help me defeat the royal family and you will kill Cammie Morgan. You will be loyal to me and you will destroy anything in your way."

All of a sudden I felt compelled to do as I was told and did not want to back down.

"I will," I said standing up smiling wickedly. "By the way, what is your name?"

"Just call me Rit for now."

Suddenly he opened his mouth showing fangs. I didn't have time to react as he clamped his jaw down on my neck. I screamed in pain and was once again immersed by darkness.

~:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:~

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND FOR ALL YOUR VOTES AND COMMENTS. IT REALLY MEANS A LOT. I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO WRIGHT THIS CHAPTER BUT NOW THAT SCHOOL IS OUT I PROMISE I WILL BE UPDATING A LOT MORE. : )