Theater Kid

-Friday, May 20, Lunchtime-

"How. The. Hell?" Ryuji asked Melody in shock.

"I-I dunno! It's always been like this with me! I'm shit with homework but the exams are easier somehow! ...Honestly, I did better than I thought I would considering I could barely read the damn thing..."

"That's freakin' nuts! Teach me how!"

"Teach you how to do what? Fuckin' guess based on something you might've managed to absorb?" Melody then chuckled "At least we don't have a cat to help like some people" before looking over at Akira.

Which Akira responded to with "Hey! Morgana doesn't help me with classwork! ...Often..."

Melody grinned and said "Hehe... My point exactly"

"How d'we know you ain't cheat'n?"

"Did you just slip into your country accent to accuse me of cheatin' on the exam?"

He quickly covered his mouth with a slight blush "Uh... N-no... I don't got a-"

"Well, country boy, I don't cheat on important shit like this. Only place I cheat is Sims 4"

"Is it a bb.moveobjects cheat or a motherlode cheat?"

"A bit of both, I guess. Mostly move objects cause I end up building or making sims instead of playing in live mode"

"Nice. Build me next"

"No!"

"Aww, why not?" Akira teased.

"Because I get nervous when building real people...!"

A chorus of murmurs sounded behind the group.

"Ugh, seriously? I got lower than that stupid foreign girl?"

"Why's she so high up? She's got to be cheating!"

"I thought she was as dumb as Sakamoto, but somehow she's got a good score?"

"Look who's top of class, though!"

"The criminal transfer student?!"

"I thought this was a prep school, why is a delinquent top of the class?"

Akira cut in after that, a smug grin spreading across his face "What, you mad 'cause a supposed 'delinquent' scored higher than you?"

"Eek! What the hell, how long have you been there?!"

"Long enough to hear you talk shit about me and my friend over here. Don't you ever call her stupid again. She's kind, she's amazing, and she's sure as hell better than someone who spreads rumors all the damn time"

"Ugh- W-whatever! Let's just go!"

The students who were previously muttering dispersed and Akira turned to walk back to class.

"W-wait, Akira...!" Melody squeaked, following after him.

"Hm?"

"Uh- Just- Js- Thank you...!"

"For what?"

"Uh- What- What- What you did... It was just r'lly nice n' I js- Din'spectya ta stan'up fer me..." Melody trailed off, her words meshing together.

"You what?"

"I-I-I didn't expect you to stand up for me, okay? An' I just... Really 'preciate it"

"Oh. Well, you're my friend. Of course I would"