A Change of Heart

-Monday, May 2, Early Morning-

The students of Shujin Academy were called into the auditorium, supposedly for an assembly. Some students were already asking each other about what it was. Through the chatter, Melody could hear some shocking words.

"I bet the assembly's about that girl that jumped the other day"

Another girl scoffed "They don't have to tell us not to commit suicide..."

"There was that weird calling card too..." mentioned another girl "So I guess the teachers are freaking out?"

The principal cut through the chit-chat of the crowd by speaking into the microphone on the podium "Let's begin this school-wide morning assembly"

"As you all know, a tragic event took place the other day. Thankfully, we have been informed that she has pulled through, but it will take time until she recovers. Everyone here has a bright future ahead, I implore that you rethink the importance of life and-"

Principal Kobayakawa was interrupted by the sound of the doors to the auditorium opening and closing. Standing in front of the doors was a tall, sleazy-looking man, probably in his mid to late-thirties, who had curly black hair, dark brown eyes, and a large nose. He had a broad build, his muscles large and defined. Despite his overall intimidating appearance, the expression on his face was filled with regret.

The principal spoke to him "Mr. Kamoshida, what's the-"

"I... Have been reborn... That is why I will confess everything to you all..."

The man, now revealed as the 'Kamoshida' Melody was wondering about, slowly stepped up onstage and began his confession.

"I have repeatedly done things that were... Unbecoming of a teacher. Verbally abusing students... Physically abusing my team, and... Sexually harassing female students. I am the reason Shiho Suzui tried to kill herself!"

Kamoshida fell to his knees and broke down in sobs. He looked around at the students, and Melody could see the pure sorrow and guilt in his eyes.

"I thought of this school as my own castle... There were even students that I sentenced to expulsion, simply because I didn't like them... I will, of course, rescind those... I am truly sorry for putting innocent youths through such horrible acts... I am an arrogant, shallow, and shameful person. No, I'm worse than that..."

His words brought explanation as to why Ms. Kawakami mentioned expulsions to Ryuji and Akira. Thinking back through what Kamoshida said, Melody now wonders to herself, just how many people did he hurt?

Kamoshida was now kneeling on the stage, head hung between his shoulders.

"I will take responsibility and kill myself for it...!" he declared through sobs.

Many of the students began chatting again, trying to figure out if this was really happening. Principal Kobayakawa rushed to stand beside Kamoshida.

"Mr. Kamoshida! Please get off the stage for now!" he urged.

A teacher began ordering students back to their classes. The students still chatted away, and someone yelled at Kamoshida above the crowd. It was... Ann.