chapter 15

If the knife landed just a few millimeters away Buttercup would have ended up with a second ear hole.

Her breath got stuck in her throat as Bubbles let out a shocked scream.  It was just now that the light was turned on.

Only to reveal Blossom. A very angry Blossom. Her hair was in a frizzy pony tail and her eyes carried deep dark circles. The leaders expression was terrifying. The otherwise calm exterior was ripped away by a toothy scowl that made her look like a werewolf.

"Where. Were. You. ?"

The tone was icy making the blondes blood freeze. While her sister swallowed a big lump of fear. Blossom on the other hand revealed a second knife.

This was enough for Bubbles to talk. She went on her knees.

"IwasoutwithBoomerstudyingwehadagoodtimebutthenButtercupcameandshetriedtochokeBoomerthenwehadtotakethebushomeI'msorrypleasedon'tkillme!"

The scene in front of her looked ridiculous. Buttercup found it utterly annoying that Bubbles was on her knees, about to confess one of the greatest sins she has ever committed.

"Now tell me little sister, why did you follow her?"

Her voice was still scarily calm but Buttercup could tell that she was dead serious. The 'little sister' title was the crucial piece of information. Last time Blossom used it, was when she broke school project that took a month to finish.

"Why not, can't I go see my little sister?"

Another knife landed next to her. Effectively trapping Buttercups head.

"But I remember specifically telling you not to bother your younger sister. Quite surprising that you wanted to meet her, considering that you don't look after Bubbles in school."

"Oh you know what I mean."

"Actually I do not. Please clarify why you ruined the tutoring lesson that was assigned by her teacher!"

Now, Buttercup was dumbfounded. Ms. Keen would haver never allowed that. But on the other hand, Blossom does not look like she is joking.

"That's stupid, Keen despises working together and I should know this best!"

Buttercup was right, surprisingly, the teacher almost never includes working with a partner. So it really wondered her what Bubbles told her this morning. Then again, Brick was extremely good. The possibility was high that Boomer followed suit.

Buttercup was rather known to pick a partner just because the tasks were too difficult.

"Guys can you just calm down?"

The youngest managed to stand up and collect herself. She was the cause of the argument, so she was the one that ended it.

"You are right Bubbles, this discussion is absolutely pointless."

"Exactly, the only thing I did was protecting her."

That answer hit both Blossom and Bubbles. After all this drama she still did not understand it. Before Blossom disappeared in her room she said on thing to Buttercup:

"Remember that Bubbles is one of us. Stop treating her like a child."

Of course, Bubbles was one of them. Why else would she get protection? But that was the oldest sister every time.

Answering in a mystery, like she swallowed too many fortune cookies. But that was not her problem. She only carried out her duty.

Buttercup could not understand what she meant. The girl thought that she made herself clear. Sadly she failed to make her younger sister understand.