chapter 18

Forget protecting Bubbles. If that little shit gets home, it was beating time.

Buttercup was in shock and in rage after what her sister just sent her. It was Butch.

Drinking a bottle of water.

With his head tilted backwards.

Dripping in sweat.

Shirtless.

A loud bang was heard. The sound came from her phone. After it was thrown against the nearest wall.

Those were Buttercups immediate counter reactions to prevent the mental pictures. But it was too late.

A flash of his upper body made its way to her conscience. His hair was messed up. Trailing down to his neck highlighting the prominent Adams apple. The water droplets led her conscience farther downwards. Not failing to turn into the alleys carved by probably hours of hard work in the gym.

Cue the always obvious blush on her cheeks. But there was no time to be embarrassed. Because as if on cue Blossom opened the door. An evident scowl on her face as well.

"Buttercup, I know that seeing your favorite team loose. Especially after you spent an absolutely unreasonable amount of money on merchandize. But please avoid the destruction of this house okay?"

Taken aback from her mostly incorrect statement Buttercup sneered the following back:

"Of couse not. Yet"

Surprised by her answer she decided to get to the ground of her sisters phone destroying action.

"Then what caused the outbreak?"

Judging by her slow but steady red turning ears it had to be something really good. Which got her more curious. Not just that she had something against her. In case of an argument that was bound to happen at some time.

"Well?"

"They just dropped a new line of sportswear."

"And that alone got the toughest sister blushing?"

"Yep just the new line."

"If it's that good, then you probably wont mind if I take a look too, right?"

Buttercup was blushing before. Now her face resembled a tomato. The girl was already starting to hide her phone.

"Why do you care?!"

"Because I will have to call the mechanic and I want to know the reason why we have a giant hole in our wall. And now give me the phone!"

Those were the last words the redhead spoke before she tackled her sister on the bed. A fierce match between red and green just like old times when younger sister stole parts of projects. With a cry of victory Blossom held her object of desire.

Just for Buttercup to snatch Blossoms. She was about to give deal when the leader already went through her phone. Her famous cheshire grin appeared on her face.

"So that is why."

"Blossom I swear Bubbles-"

"Don't you dare drag her into this. Is this why you went after Bubbles?"

"No!"

"Did you search for these pictures yourself?"

"Actually no, but who is behind that number that you called last night, HUH?

"You are changing the subject Buttercup."

"I really don't care right now Blossom who did you call last night?"