Chapter 29

The girls spent the rest of the evening in her dresses. Time flew by so quickly that Blossom had to hurry them to bed. Much to Bubbles and Buttercups chagrin. After both were in their rooms she took her phone and wrote Brick a message. Asking him if he knew something about the guy that tried to attack her. As much as Blossom wanted to let her past of crime fighting die, she couldn't. Not after what happened today.

With that she stood up and went to her bed. Pulling out the storage drawer. Behind it was a box. A box that she swore to never touch again. That was before her encounter of today. Sure there were a couple of times where she was attacked but this time was different. Setting the old laptop on her desk. Why she couldn't use her normal one? Multiple reasons. One of them was to remain as unknown as possible. The programs that were on her old "work laptop" are A: Super sketchy and B: Kept extremely secret.

One of the programs was an identification software. Blossom uploaded the photos and hit search. As unfortunately expected there were no results. On the face at least. But she found something about the tattoos. They belonged to a gang which worked in secret for Mojo Jojo. The gang was responsible for getting raw materials for the Robots in secret. After Mojo's death authorities weren't able to find them. Rumor has it that they have disbanded.

Blossom frowned at the information. She herself had never encountered one of them until now. Her phone started ringing. It was the police. "Blossom Utonium speaking." "Ah hello miss Utonium. I have bad news, The attacker you reported committed suicide. He exploded just when the first officers started to arrive." Blossom froze at the news. "Thank you for the input officer. May I ask how you plan to proceed?" "Of course miss Utonium, as the assailant is dead now we can't make any further investigations. But please call us if there is anything suspicious. Also I have to ask you to send us the photos that you took. Any further questions?" "Not at all sir. Thank you for your efforts."

With that she hung up. Before Blossom you put her phone away however, it rang again. This time it was Brick. "Do you know anything about the guy whose picture I sent you?" "Yeah, but can I come in first?" She was about to ask why but a knock on her balcony door revealed Brick. Ending the call she stormed to the door. "Are you crazy Brick?! What if someone saw you?" "Lovely seeing you too this evening Bloss. Don't worry I took the old underground tracks. Now get inside it's cold."

Mouthing a curse Blossom closed the door. "Did you tell your sisters about your little surprise encounter?" He asked as he closed her bedroom door. "Not yet but I'm planning to tell them tomorrow. Why?" "Because they are trouble. Especially since one of them actually attacked you." Blossom could only raise an eyebrow. "Those fuckers usually don't take high risks. Which means it's urgent." Both were now thinking about the same question: Why?

"I wonder why they would show up now? Nine years after Mojo's death?" Brick took in a sharp breath before he dropped the second bomb on her. "Definitely something. Because from what I know there have been multiple disappearances from members. They were reported as dead. Coincidentally the corpses have been stolen from the mortuaries."

"That means that they will most likely try something again. This time probably something bigger. Shit." Brick failed at suppressing a chuckle. "What's so funny Brick?" Said boy was laughing even more at her glare. "Sorry it's just that I heard you curse." Blossom shot him an unimpressed glare. "I can curse. I just chose to not do it." "You are such a good girl Bloss." Her heart jumped out of her chest as she saw Brick smiling genuinely. "Of course I am. I like being a good girl."

Tiny fireworks of joy lit up in Brick's head as he spotted the slightly red cheeks on Blossom. "I don't know Pinky, you knocked out a guy with one kick then you got a second laptop with suspicious software and then you asked me out of all people for help. Doesn't seem very good to me." Blossom responded with playful resentfulness: "First of all, that was self defense. Second that is my old laptop from nine years ago and third" Blossom looked to the side while mumbling "You aren't even that evil anymore."

Brick's teasing façade stopped at her confession. His always so cold and calculated heart stopped beating and leapt out of his chest. Blossom noticed his change in demeanor and immediately began to worry. "Sorry, did I say something wro-" She was silenced by Brick engulfing her into a hug.

"Thank you Blossom." Was the only thing that could make it out of his mouth. The girl still surprised by the sudden affection slowly reciprocated the hug. "For what Brick?" "Just for saying that." The question mark in her head was still there. "For telling you that you aren't bad anymore?"

"Exactly"

"Do you know how much I wanted you to know that I changed?" Brick was now softly holding her wrists. Blossom was overwhelmed by the look in his eyes. There was raw passion, desperation, hope and happiness. Emotions that she didn't even know he was fully capable of having. "All those damned nights I spent thinking of you. Wondering if I could be someone good in your eyes."

The girl swallowed hard. "Brick, you don't need my approval. As much as I am flattered that you think of me this highly I can't accept this. You have to do the "right" thing because you feel like it's the right thing to do." No one spoke for a while. Finally it was Blossom who took the initiative: "Brick I want to thank you for what you did for me. If it wasn't for you I would probably still be a mess." Now it was his turn to be confused. "Blossom all I did was to get what you need. You still managed everything else. Now can I ask you for something?" The girl immediately returned his eye contact. "Sure what do you need?"

"Since you are already going to the ball with Dexter, would you dance with me there?"

AN: Update! Also I just read through the first chapters of this book and I cringed. But I guess it counts as development when you read your first ever chapters with a face like this:

 But I guess it counts as development when you read your first ever chapters with a face like this: