chapter 20

It was late at night when Boomer walked through the streets of Malway Alley. For August it was very chilly. Even the trees that graced every street in Townsville, looked dead here. A cold breeze swept through the alley. While the moon painted bloodcurdling shadows on the run-down walls of buildings.

The young man was on his way to a specific café. Bubbles told him that she had to work late on Fridays. As much as he wanted to make her feel strong, he couldn't help but worry. Violence and harassment reports in this area were astronomically high. To no ones surprise, Years ago, this part of town was more known by its nickname: "Villain Valley"

Then suddenly his enhanced hearing picked up an all too familiar sound. The faint "stop" was enough to send him speeding to the back of the café. What he saw made his heart drop, while at the same time making his blood boil.

Bubbles. Crying. By the hands of a man.

Boomers vision went red of anger. His hands were curled up into fists. Then he ran towards her. A look of anger was clearly visible on his face. With his enhanced speed and strength it was a matter of seconds before his fist came in contact with the cheek of the stranger. Said man was send flying into a wall.

Then he caught Bubbles lifeless figure. She was still breathing but it was faint. Her body was ice cold. He wasted no time putting his coat on the girl in his arms. In the shadows of the night he sped to his car. Carefully laying her down on the backseat. In a flash they arrived at the record building. Through an intercom Boomer called one of the housemaids to prepare the guest room for for special medical attention.

Boomer carefully placed her on the bed, leaving the nurses to do her job. Curious from all the commotion, butch decided to find out what was going on in Boomers wing. Then he saw multiple nurses coming out of the guest room. As soon as the coast was clear he slipped into the guest room. Just to find a very pissed of Boomer sending him a death glare.

"Get the hell out Butch!"

He whisper yelled at his elder brother. Who was staring at the girl behind him.

"You already filled her up? Holy shit Boomer, I almost fell for your acting."

"I said get out!"

"Jeez fine:"

Annoying the living hell out of his brothers was Butch's favorite hobby. Much to Boomers dismay. He was already making up revenge plans when another thought crossed his mind. Blossom and Buttercup.

Her sisters knew nothing about her disappearance. Boomer grabbed his phone in a

heart beat. Typing the number of the eldest. The seconds before Blossom picked up her phone felt like hours to him.

"Hello, Blossom Utonium speaking here."

"Here is Boomer, I just wanted to say that Bubbles is with me right now. She got into trouble at work and is resting at my place now."

"Oh thank god she is with you, I didn't think that I could keep it from Buttercup anymore."

"Yeah, but I wanted to talk to you about that café she works at."

.

.

.

"She was made to work overtime again, am I right?"

"So you know about it?"

"It's not the first time this happened Boomer and you know that as well."

"Then why can't you do anything Blossom?! She is your sister for fucks sake!"

"It is exactly how you said it. I'm her sister, she won't listen to me."

"I'm taking matters in my own hands now, don't bother trying to stop me."

"That is what I precisely count on. I take care of the cover."

With that Blossom hung up. Bubbles was moving next to him. Effectively ripping him out of his thoughts. The nurses changed her into a wide sweater and sweatpants. They also told him that the girl was probably just overworked. A sad smile overcame his face.

"Don't worry, everything is going to be alright. I will make sure of it Bubbles."

With that he left the guest room. As he closed the door, two pairs of eyes were looking at him. Brick rose one eyebrow, giving him the all too familiar "Care to explain?" face. Butch on the other hand, had his arms crossed in front of his chest. Looking at him the same way as when he didn't get enough bacon on his plate.

"Some ass was trying to do something with her."

"That doesn't explain why she is here."

"Do I have to explain it?"

"Is there any other way around it?"

Boomer groaned internally. Arguing with Brick was useless. If the leader wanted something, he got it.

"That Bitch Thalia and her mother make Bubbles work more than overtime."

"And I'm sure you already have a plan to get rid of the problem?"

"They are going to get added into my collection."

"Wait! You can give them to me instead. I need a building for a deal with investor."

That night Brick went to sleep, one building richer that before. While Boomer went to sleep hoping that Bubbles would get better. Blossom went without a worry to sleep and Buttercup fell asleep knowing that Bubbles was staying at Bliss's house for a sleepover.

The morning sun shone through the windows of the guest room. Awoken from the sun tickling her nose, Bubbles opened her eyes. Only to widen them like saucers as she realized that this was not her bedroom. Even though the bed was just as comfortable. Panic rose inside of her. She also realized that those were not the clothes she was wearing.

Boomer was woken up by a loud female scream. Alarmed, he stormed down the hallway barging into the guest room.

"What's wrong Bubbles?!"

That was when the female looked up. Only to find a shirtless Boomer frantically looking for any danger. It was the sight that only seemed to be possible in one of Blossoms romance novels. Suddenly the boy in front of her was framed by roses. Her mind came to the conclusion that photos do not do him justice enough.

"Bubbles are you alright?"

She luckily snapped out of her trance. Then something clicked. This was Boomers home.

"Why am I here?"

"You fainted after some guy tried to do something. I was able to prevent it from happen. You didn't wake up so I brought you here."

Then it all came back to her. A shiver of disgust went down on her. Which didn't get unnoticed by Boomer. He squatted down to her height. Gently taking her hand in his. This made Bubbles look at him. In his eyes was so much sympathy. Then he spoke:

"I know that you want to support your sisters but aren't there any other jobs? The nurse told me that you have heavy bruising on your body."

"But I don't know where or what to do?"

"I can help you with that:"

"You are already doing so much for me."

"And I'm more than willing to do more for you because you are so important to me Bubbles."

"I seriously don't deserve him" She thought after hearing his heartfelt confession. The girl wanted to answer him but a rapidly opening door cut her of. Her face went tomato red. While Boomers face dropped into annoyance.

AN: I made it! Jesus fricking christ this internet connection is going to drive me nuts. Anyways do you listen to K-Pop? Because I fell into a hole. :(