Chapter 7 - The Osiris Coven

Julianna's POV

Kol and I met everyday outside of the French Quarter in order for him to teach me magic. It has already been a week since he taught me the basics and now he's teaching me the more intermediate spells. Day by day I could feel myself getting stronger and more powerful. I finally learned how to do the pain infliction spell on vampires. I used it the first time on Klaus the other day when he ticked me off. Marcel still hasn't given us Elijah and Rebekah and I decided to take matter into our own hands. Rebekah sat on a stool with a laptop in front of her searching for any clue she could find of the attic we were in. It was one of those boring days when you had absolutely nothing to do. These days were so rare to me, the supernatural world always had some sort of problem to attend to.

"I'm extremely bored." I announce.

"Well you could be searching for Elijah." Rebekah says.

"But you're already doing the lead role. I'm just gonna go meet Kol." I say. I grab my jacket from beside me and I shrug it on. Klaus walks in and looks at me.

"Where are you headed off to?" He asks.

"Kol." I reply.

"Careful Nik, you don't want Julianna falling for our brothers charm." Rebekah teases. He glares at her, clearly not amused with her attempt at a joke.

"That'll never happen." I remind. I grab my keys from the table and exit the house.

*

"When can I learn some like powerful stuff. Like that will actually help me?" I ask.

"When you're stronger and more in control of your magic." Kol says.

"I am in control of my magic." I fire back.

"Frankly, not enough darling." He implies. "You could die if a spell is too powerful."

"Let's not forget, I am immortal." I remind.

"You could possibly die. You're a regular vampire, they're not hard to kill. Unless of course you're an original, like my siblings and I." He boasts with a smirk and I smile at him sarcastically. I focus on him and he immediately drops to the ground in his knees and holding his head in pain. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry!" He pleads. I quickly stop the pain and he lets out as relieved breath. My phone vibrates and I take it out of my pocket and press it to my ear.

"Nik!" I exclaim. "Whats going on?"

"I found a coven that apparently knows about everything supernaturally possible. They're called the Osiris Coven. Find them and talk to them." He explains.

"Alright." I respond and click the end button on my phone.

"The Osiris Coven? They're a well hidden coven." Kol says. "Lucky for me, I know exactly where they hide."

*

Kol had driven us a little further from the forest we were usually met at and far more out than the French quarter.

"Kol, I can't go further than this. The stupid link between Sophie and I won't allow me to." I say.

"Why again, did she link you two?" He asked.

"I'm the witches weapon to use against Marcel, I'm not allowed to leave until they gain full power."

"Bummer." He says looking over at me. "Let's hope the witches come to you then because we're here." He announced. I looked out the window and there was nothing but mountains and trees.

"There's nothing here! It doesn't look like anyone life would live her except animals." I exclaim.

"That's the whole point darling," he chuckles. He steps out of the car and I follow his move. I stay beside the car door while he begins to walk further in. "Witches of the Osiris coven," He called out. "Have I got the story for you!"

"Great Kol, let the whole city know we're here." I fussed. A few moments later, woman in long black coats emerged from behind trees. They had the hoods from their coats over their head and one of them lowered hers.

"May I help you?" She asked.

"My good friend and I heard you know a lot about the supernatural. We were wondering if you could help us." Kol said. The woman turned around to face me, she had long blonde hair, piercing blue eyes and porcelain skin.

"Follow us then." She says.

"I can't." I interject. "I'm linked to someone in the French Quarter, can't go any further than this."

"Very well then." The coven of witches followed her as she walked over to me. There must have been at least 20 other girls. She stopped in front of me and the other girls formed a circle around us, Kol sped over to my side. "What is it you want to know?"

"Hybrids. Half vampire and half witch." I said. A small smile spreads on her lips.

"My favorite story." She said. "About 2,000 years ago, the Osiris coven was active and they were the ones that collected all the supernatural information. All the myths and urban legends. There was once a very powerful witch named Seraphina. She controlled the balances between the supernatural and nature. She had the power of knowing everyone's fates, their lives. Seraphina still lives among us and when vampires came into the universe, she made sure none of them had the power of witches. No vampire in the world has ever had the power of being a witch. Seraphina wanted an exception, there would be only one vampire in history to be worthy of having magic. The pure soul as a human and pure soul as a vampire. She knew it was inevitable for vampires to kill, so she chose someone that did not have selfish intentions. This prophecy was made 1,000 years ago, to this day we haven't met the specific hybrid." She explains.

"Well Miss..?" Kol trails off.

"My name is Emilia." She says.

"Emilia, we found the hybrid." Kol says. A sudden look of shock washes over her face.

"Where? Who?" She questions.

"It's me." I respond. She looks at me, unable to believe it.

"Prove it." Emilia urges.

"Half vampire." I start, I felt my face morph, the veins under my eyes and my fangs form. "And half witch." I raise my hand and a fire springs up in a circle behind all the witches. They all flinch at the sudden action behind them and they take a caution step forward away from the flames.

"It can't be." Emilia whispers in disbelief. "What is your name?"

"Julianna Aleysia Duquette."

"Julianna, do not allow anyone to know of your powers. People will try to take advantage of you. Becareful." She warned. "You're powerful, you have the power of a coven of 50 witches. The more you practice; the stronger you get. You have the ability to do things nobody else can. You learn more and collect more power than a regular witch each time you practice."

"What do I do?" I ask.

"Follow your instincts." She says. "We must go now, it was a pleasure to meet you." All the witches begin retreating back into the forest, hiding behind the thick tall trees.

"Wow, advice of the year." I say and Kol lightly laughs.

"It's getting late Julianna, call Nik and tell him you're heading home." He says.

"It's not like he cares I'm coming home." I mutter.

"He cares. I just know it." Kol finishes. I shrug my shoulders and sigh. I mutter a quick 'okay' and dial Klaus. He picks up on the third ring and his husky voice speaks on the other end.

"I've got quite the information Nik." I say.