Chapter 9 - It's Been Too Long

Julianna's POV

"How are you alive?" I question near tears.

"That day, when our family was killed, it was a full moon. I never told anyone but I was secretly meeting a man that I was in love with. His name was Philip. Almost every night, Philip and I would meet as soon as everyone was asleep. He told me he wanted to take me out the night of the full moon, climb a tree, and watch the men transform in werewolves from above. However, a few months before that I found out our mother was a witch meaning we were witches. Mother never knew but I secretly practiced. I was being cautious so I put a protection spell on myself and later I was going to put one on Philip. You were out getting berries and I was helping mother set the table. Father was putting away his weapons and our younger brother Thomas was helping. Alexander walked in and he was covered in blood. I knew exactly what he was. Our father tried to kill him but Alexander was quicker and stronger, so he drank from him. Then it was Thomas, I tried to protect him but I was too late, he was too young, he was only twelve and I failed him. Mother couldn't protect herself because she wasn't a practicing witch, so she died next. Then it was me. I awoke in a dark lifeless home. The bodies were still there so I ran to look for you you but I couldn't find you, Julianna. I didn't want to go outside either, it was already night time and the wolves were out roaming. The night only got worse. Philip came by our home to see me. Clearly confused as to why I didn't meet him. I ran to the window and yelled at him to leave, I didn't want him to go inside our house that reeked of death and decomposing corpses. I regret that I didn't let him in because a wolf got to him. It viciously attacked him and I killed the wolf with my magic but when I got to Philip he was already gone. Every single day I've been searching for you Julianna." Alice explains in tears. I felt my heart break at her words, she saw it all happen and to make matters worse her lover had died as well. I threw my arms around her and I let the tears fall. She wrapped her arms around me a little tighter than I did. Rebekah, Kol, Elijah and Klaus all stood in silence and sympathy. They obviously had heard Alice's story.

"How did you survive 700 years?" I ask. She pulled away and wiped her tears with the sleeve of her jacket.

"I learned the spell to body jump. I've been doing that ever since until someone stopped me. Someone had cast a spell on my original body's bones and I came back as myself. This was four months ago. A girl and her sister."

"Sophie and Jane-Anne." Elijah said.

"Yes, that's them." Alice affirmed. "They said they would help me find you if I helped them."

"You didn't, did you?" I asked in hopes of her saying no.

"They wanted me to bring you all to New Orleans but I couldn't. I had no way of doing so. But I needed to find you Julianna, so I found someone else I could warn. I know of Niklaus and Katerina's endless chase. I knew she would deliver the message in return for her freedom."

"She left me a letter." Klaus sighed.

"Alice, I've been in town for months. How come I don't meet you until now?"

"They told me you're not here." Alice said with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "They lied to me. Why would they do that?"

"Leverage." A voice said. Everyone turned around and Sophie stood there with her arms crossed. "I'm sorry Julianna. If you were going to refuse to work with us we had Alice as leverage." Sophie said. I vamp-sped over to her but Klaus caught me. I tried resisting against him to get to Sophie but he wouldn't budge. Sophie was willing to kill my only family for her own selfish needs. I brought my hand up to use my magic against her but Klaus held my hand and he looked at me.

"Julianna, you are both linked to each other," he reminded. I lowered my hand and I sighed.

"I'm leaving and I'm taking my sister with me." I state.