1889: George

Erina had a dilemma. Well, more correctly, she'd had a dilemma for the past nine months. But, soon that dilemma would be a physical, squealing, newborn child.

The child was an important part of her plan. After all, when they eventually died in a tragic accident, it would be even more reason for her to retreat from the world.

It would go a long way for the public view of her after all.

But, that did mean she did have to care for the infant for at least three years.

The fortune was worth it though.

✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩

Nine months.

That’s how long Dio had been hiding in London—taking down as many of Erina’s leftover minions as he could.

But now, he was heading back to the Joestar Estate.

It was almost time and Dio would be damned if he left JoJo’s child in the hands of that woman.

When she was weak from childbirth—the blood loss and physical strain of it all—he would strike.

✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩

Straizo and Dire had left England, taking baby Elizabeth with them. Speedwagon had stayed with Dio, helping him hunt down Erina’s vampires and zombies.

Together, they’d found the Baron’s family and told them of his death.

Together, they had plotted and planned for nine months.

And now, Dio was going to take Erina out, while Speedwagon sat on the sidelines.

He didn’t mind, he knew that he would only be in danger if he tried to help. Without Hamon or vampiric powers, he was a sitting duck. 

So he stayed out of the fight.

✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩ - - - ✩ 

Dio wasn’t sure you could call it a fight. A struggle maybe, but not a fight. It was over before it even really started.

Dio watched from a window as Erina’s body disintegrated in the sunlight. He looked down at the child in his arms—a baby boy.

He smiled slightly.

“What’s his name going t’be, Dio?”

Dio turned to Speedwagon and smiled.

“George. George Joestar, after his grandfather.”

Speedwagon smiled too, his eyes filling with tears.

“Now, that’s a name Mr Jonathan would be proud for his son to have.”