Starving

Steve just came back from a long mission and you had missed him dearly. He walked up to you, a cheeky grin spread across his lips as he kept his hands behind his back. You put your hands together in prayer and gave him a quizzical look. Steve chuckled at your nervous impatience and finally showed you what he had been hiding behind his back.

He handed you a small bag filled with pastries from Brussels. The brown paper bag was stained with grease, a good sign that the buttery pastries would satisfy your sweet tooth. You practically snatched the bag out of his hands and opened it to take a lungful of their delicious smell. Steve tilted his head to the side when you moaned with delight, your eyes rolling back into your skull.

"I thought I was the only one able to make you do that sound."

When you opened your eyes, you saw him smile at you with that shit-eating grin you had missed so much. If you were not in the middle of the kitchen, you would have taken him right there on the floor.

"And these come from the place I told you about, uh?"

"Yes, Ma'am." Steve nodded.

You squealed and threw yourself at him, wrapping your arms around him, careful not to crush the paper bag. He laughed quietly and kissed the top of your head.

"Thank you, Stevie! You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me."

"And they say I'm the dramatic one." Steve replied with a chuckle.

You took a step back as Steve cringed at his own words. He saw the shocked expression on your face and knew he had made a mistake.

"You're almost one hundred years old and you still don't know how to talk to women." You sighed out loud.

Steve straightened his posture, a wave of diffidence washed over him. Instinctively, he ran a hand through his dark blond hair, his shoulders slumped a little.

"I'm sorry, I'm stupid."

"Yes, you are. You're lucky I'm in love with you." You replied with a casual shrug, looking down at the bag of pastries in your hand, mentally choosing which one you were going to eat first.

"The luckiest." He leaned forward and tilted your chin up before he planted a lingering kiss on your lips.

He pulled you against his strong chest and covered your face with warm kisses until you were laughing and wiggling in his arms. You raised one hand to touch his cheek and gave him a long, passionate kiss.

"I missed you, sweetheart." He rested his forehead against your own and rubbed the tip of his nose against yours. "I love you."

"Don't woo me with your sweet words, Steve. And if you think I'm gonna share my food then you're crazy."

He chuckled quietly, his warm breath hit your lips. "It's all yours, sweetheart." He pulled back, a wicked smirk curling his lips. "Besides, I have my meal right in front of me and it looks so damn sweet."

You fidgeted under his stare. This man had a power on you and he knew it. His gaze fell to your hips. He smirked to himself when he saw you rub your thighs together. You were not really subtle, but neither was he.

"Fuck me." You cursed louder than expected.

"You're the only one on my list." With a proud grin, he took your hand and led your to your room.