Letter from the Author

When I first started writing this book in 2021 so had no idea that it would take a life of its own and grow into what some of you know as the Realm" with Chastitycole13 and seauxheaux. I literally didn't have an outline or an end goal for the book, I was just writing for vibes. Flashback to 3 years later, this book is one of my favorites I ever written so far and I love the journey that this book has went through to finally make it to this point. I fell out of love with the first version of this book, but this version in its final form and my favorite version hands down.

But shoutout to all the day one readers who got to read both versions & experience the change and growth.

When creating Amar'e's character, I drew a lot of inspiration from some of my favorite TV show characters such as James St. Patrick from Power and Franklin Saint from Snowfall. As cold, callous and calculated as he came off at times I still wanted him to have a side that was relatable while still making sense to his character. 

Very random fact but the inspo behind Amar'e's name came from the former NBA player Amar'e Stoudemire cause I used to love how the announcer would say his name during games 😂

Britney aka B is a character that I wanted to take a different approach on, making her less of the doe eye'd girlfriend who just falls in love with a dark mysterious drug dealer with no real grasp on that reality but instead wanting her to be as real and raw as possible when it came to the real life conflicts a woman in her position would be faced with.

In the beginning of the book I gave a glimpse into Angelo and Juice's life and decided to just focus on B and Amar'e although I did enjoy writing all 4 perspectives. I wanted to get deeper into Juice's character but didn't feel like it would be necessary after a while. All that to say I wanted to try new things this time around.

I hope you guys loved this book as much as I did even if you didn't always love the characters decisions or the way they went about things (I know I didn't even tho I wrote it 🤣) and really got to take something from this book that will resonate with you.

The series doesn't end here as you all know, new chapters for Make It Out just dropped and Jade, final book in the series, coming soon 🥳💕. Don't forget to check out the rest of the books in the realm as they all connect in some way.

Much love always,
thedonxo 🫶🏾✨

P.S — Epilogue chapters coming in the near future 😙

S — Epilogue chapters coming in the near future 😙