Forty-Four

"Hello?"

"Baby where you at?" Amar'e asked as B walked out onto 57th street, zipping up her fondant Bottega parka.

"The grocery store." She lied, two black medium sized Chanel shopping bags hanging from her wrist.

"They sell Chanel at the grocery store now?" He asked as B stifled a laugh. He didn't know why she thought she was slick when he could see how much she racked up on his AMEX.

"Babe I was on my way to get my car out the garage and tripped on my way out into Bergdorf across the street, shit you not." B said as Amar'e heaved a deep sigh.

"So we gonna eat Chanel bags for thanksgiving?" He asked.

"I'm going to the store now, not too much." She said, starting up her jade green G wagon.

"Aight thank you, love you." He said.

"Love you more." She said before ending the call.

After making her rounds through Target, Zabar's and Trader Joe's, B linked up with Jasmine who was in New York with Loyal for the rest of the week.

Jasmine and Amar'e decided to take up on Angela and Emory's offer to go to Emory's house for Thanksgiving hence why B and Amar'e were going to have their Thanksgiving together early. B was then going to spend the rest of the day at her grandma's.

"Jas I'm mad nervous to go back to the house." B said with a sigh, taking a big gulp of the second Lychee martini she ordered.

"Why?" Jasmine asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Cause the baby is there and shit is just getting too real." B huffed as Jasmine chuckled.

"You being nervous to meet a baby is funny as fuck." Jasmine said as B laughed.

"Nah word it's mad stupid." B said, shaking her head.

"I don't think it's stupid, I understand where you're coming from." Jasmine said, reassuring her friend. "It's a lot to unpack." 

"It is." B sighed, taking another sip from her drink. "I'm kinda glad I'm not meeting him when Amber around though, that shit would be so awkward."

"Knowing her she would leave the baby with the nanny and disappear if it came down to that." Jasmine said as B laughed.

"Oh shit I dead almost forgot, I got the pictures I took on my camera printed and I got yours." B said, reaching into her Goyard bag to retrieve the pictures.

"These look so good." Jasmine said as she flipped through the small stack of pictures.

"Wait who's that?" Jasmine asked with a raised eyebrow, seeing a picture in the pile of B and Jewel in the club together.

"Oh that's Jewel." B casually stated.

"Jewel who?" Jasmine asked with a raised eyebrow. She never heard B mention a Jewel before.

B went into some detail about who Jewel was and that one night in Turks, laughing at her very dramatic reaction.

"Are you like?" Jasmine flicked her wrist downward as B giggled.