Forty-Five

One month later...

New York was beautiful this time of year, the city covered in a white blanket of snow and store windows decorated for the holiday season. The holiday spirit was still in full effect despite Christmas being a few days ago. Everyone was now preparing for the New Year including B and Amar'e who were getting ready for the holiday party they would be throwing right downstairs.

The Aman allowed them to host their family members at the hotel being Amar'e rented it out, wanting to make this gathering in New York special since it would also double as their going away party. They knew they would be back and forth between New York, Atlanta and Paris, but they definitely wouldn't be around family as much as they were now.

Majority of B's family in New York opted to just go home after the party, but her relatives from Atlanta would be staying at the hotel along with Amar'e's family who flew in.

"Babe which heel gives holiday party to you?" B asked Amar'e, holding up a pair of silver Aquazzura heels and a red pair of Gianvito Rossi Jaipur heels.

"I gotta see your outfit first." He said as B smiled.

"I taught you so well." She said with a proud sigh as he laughed.

She got dressed in a white A/W 1996 Gucci by Tom Ford halter dress, Amar'e helping her decide on her gold Rene Caovilla juniper heels since the dress featured a curved gold tone belt. Her bag of choice was a gold and silver Judith Leiber martini clutch, completing the look.

B could already hear the party in full swing once they made it to the event space they rented out for the night. B and Amar'e's families were dressed in the required white, gold or cream dress code fit for the holiday season that was transitioning into the New Year.

"Look at my favorite couple." Angela smiled once she saw them, giving them both a double cheeked kiss.

"Nice to see you Angela, thank you for coming." B said with a smile.

Making their rounds through the room, B broke away from Amar'e once she saw Jasmine, Desirae, Naya and Kelis.

"I can't believe Amar'e taking you away from me, he gets on my nerves so bad." Jasmine huffed, shaking her head as she sipped her lemon drop.

"Word shit dead got me sick to my stomach." Kelis co-signed with a frown.

"You bitches are so dramatic. I will be back at least twice a month, yal are not gonna miss me that much." B teased.

"No but like we're gonna miss you bad, it's not gonna be the same." Naya said as the girls agreed.

"I don't leave for another two weeks, I dead don't wanna think about all that right now." B sighed, taking a couple sips of champagne. "I'm gonna miss you guys too and it's making me sad."

"You know what though, tonight we're celebrating so we can talk about all the sad shit later." Desirae said.

B made her way around the room after spending time with the girls, seeing her grandma from across the room making her way over.

"Bod gyal inna real life." B said with a smile once she saw her grandma.

"Hi my baby." Joyce said as she and B hugged each other.