Settle Down, Commander Wang

"Yibo, come here." The King called Wang Yibo towards him and proudly patted his back in appreciation.

"You have no idea how grateful we are for what you did." He said, raising his head towards the Queen.

"We can't thank you enough. Mention your wish. We will fulfill it to our best."

Saving the lives of the Prince and the princess at the same time was no small feat. Wang Yibo was going to be held on a pedestal as soon as the news reached public.

The King had demanded his presence immediately, so he was still in his travelling clothes, far from presentable.

"Thank you, Your majesty. It was my responsibility. I just wish we find the person responsible for this." He politely declined any favours or gifts from the king. He was not someone who would dig for petty presents from the king. He came from a prestigious family. He had more than enough of his own.

"We will. Whoever planned this won't escape from us." The attackers had been caught, but they were just paid assassins, as expected. They knew nothing of their employer.

"They were paid a huge amount, your majesty. This person is no common enemy." This much was crystal clear for him.

The Queen laughed. "You really are a Commander,aren't you? Acting all older than your age." She patted his head.

Now the King laughed too. "How old are you, kid?? 25? 26?" He asked.

"He's going to be 24 this year." The Queen answered.

"24? That young?" The King was astonished. Becoming a commander at such a young age was very rare.

"Yibo, just go home. Your parents are waiting for you." She said fondly.

"Settle down, Commander Wang."

"Yes, your majesty." He bowed again and left.

The Queen was very good friends with his mother. They grew up together almost like sisters. General Wang was also a very good man.

He came back from the border two years ago, after getting heavily injured due to an enemy attack. The husband and wife now lived alone in their enormous mansion , waiting for the return of their only child.

The next day, Xiao zhan wanted to invite Wang Yibo to dinner and thank him for saving their lives. But his mother was against it.

"He has just come home, zhanzhan. Let him rest and spend some time with his family. We can invite him later." She was already going to send him some gifts for his return and for the favour he had done to their kingdom, since he had asked for nothing.

"Shall I send an invitation along with the gifts? We will get an answer as he sees fit." She suggested.

The idea seemed good enough to Xiao zhan, "Yes, mother. But I will write it on my own." Xiao zhan was disappointed that he would have to wait to see Commander Wang again, but a letter will have to do for now.

Surprisingly, the reply came the same day that he would be glad to join the Royal family for dinner the next evening.

Xiao Zhan's mother scolded him that obviously anyone would say yes if they are invited to dinner by the Prince, no matter how tired they are.

But it would be rude to take back the invitation now, so the preparations for a grand meal began.

"Mother, what are we going to prepare for the dinner?" Xiao zhan asked. He wanted to prepare Wang Yibo's favourite dishes since the dinner was to thank him, but it would be weird to say that in front of so many people.

"I think we should prepare some dishes from Luoyang, since the Wang family comes from there. What do you think?"

"An excellent idea mother." He was all too happy to answer.

On the other hand, Wang Yibo had a restless night, dreaming of full lips and a mole below them.

That small waist held tightly in his arms, palms smaller than his, resting on his chest.

The most dangerous were those huge dove eyes. Staring at him so innocently. Little did they know that the face they were staring at held exactly opposite thoughts about him.

He had no idea how he would be able to survive the dinner tomorrow. He hoped that his poker face would help.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.