In The Li Kingdom

Wang Yibo and five other soldiers reached the border at night. It was easier to pass through at night. The guards were sleepy and the border patrol barely active. They had disguised as traders. No kingdom ever wanted to stop the trade between them.

Wang Yibo had done this before, so he wasn't nervous. They entered the Li kingdom quite easily. Now the only difficulty was to find those men and their boss. They retired at the tavern for the night.

The next morning they had news from their spies in the Li Kingdom before they arose.

Those men were in a nearby town with the head of the province. This province had developed a lot due to flourishing trade and made the head very powerful in the court. The insider news was that the emperor had assigned a very important task to him and would favour him even further if he managed to complete it.

They knew what the task was and that he had failed to complete it.

They started for the town immediately. The attack was planned in the evening for easy operation. All six of them entered the mansion at midnight, dressed in all black.

Wang Yibo led the mission, obviously. They already knew where the Lord of the mansion slept with his wife. They couldn't wake her, of course. They needed time to escape the town. One of them pretended to be a servant and knocked, calling his master for something important.

The man inside didn't wake up immediately, of course. He grumbled and shouted at him but came outside at last. As soon as he stepped out, Wang Yibo covered his mouth tightly and led him into a nearby room.

He looked into his eyes as promised to himself, "Attacking Crown Prince Xiao was a mistake." he said, and finished him off with a clean slash of his blade.

They left the body in the room, closing the door behind them and escaped.

This time, they didn't stop anywhere and directly reached the border of their own kingdom. It was still night, so no one paid attention to their unsold goods and let them pass. Their own border guards recognised them and took them in hurriedly.

A letter awaited them. They were ordered to reach the Palace as soon as the mission was completed.

Wang Yibo recognised the handwriting.

They rode off towards the capital into the night. Even after going at the top speed, not giving their horses a single break, they reached a day later.

This was a secret mission, so they entered the palace from the hidden entrance. All of them reported to the king in his study.

"The mission was successful, your majesty."

"Excellent work, Commander Wang. Entering an enemy kingdom, killing their official and escaping unharmed. You have done a remarkable job." The King praised him generously.

"Thank you, your majesty. Its always a pleasure to serve our kingdom."

Soon, Prince Xiao joined them. He didn't say anything, but there was evident relief in his eyes when he saw Commander Wang. He checked Wang Yibo from head to toe, finding no major injuries. He wouldn't know if the other was hiding something deliberately, but Wang Yibo talking and walking normally, looking safe and sound was enough.

"I apologise for ordering you to report immediately. All of you must be tired. You may retire." He gave a slight nod to Wang Yibo, who nodded back.

A few minutes later, the commander was found to be in the Crown prince's Chambers. The Prince was tending to his small scrapes and scratches.

Wang Yibo was sitting on a huge chair with only his under robes, Xiao zhan applying medicine on his arm.

"I am fine, zhan ge." He knew the Prince was still worried.

"I know. Just let me do it." Xiao zhan just wanted to be there for him. It made him believe that the man who had become so important to him was safe. The last few days had been very difficult for him.

After tending to his wounds, Xiao zhan ordered maids to bring them dinner. They ate in peace, not uttering a single word. Both of them kept glancing towards each other once in a while, Xiao zhan mentally praising the commander's toned arms and shoulders. Wang Yibo just enjoyed looking at the prince's calm and beautiful face.

He was shocked to see the Prince return his feelings, but doubted the intensity of it. It would obviously be less than what he felt, he was sure of that. The way he felt towards the other could hardly be reciprocated. He didn't even know what he expected of it.

Something had evidently changed between them, even though neither had acknowledged it yet. The very air around them indicated it.

After the dinner, Wang Yibo went back home. They promised to see each other soon.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.