Heir

The next day he was summoned by the King himself to attend the court. He and Yibo's father wanted him to have more experience in diplomatic matters too.

The atmosphere in the courtroom was tense. There was obvious conflict between the king and the prince. They didn't talk to each other at all. The King's mood also seemed sour. Everyone just assumed that it was because the prince refused to marry Princess Han.

After the court dismissed, Wang Yibo followed the prince towards his chambers, but the prince entered the King's study.

He could hear the king yelling angrily, the Queen was present too.

"How are you going to run the kingdom? Do you even know what people will think of you? Of your whole family?!!!"

"Father, I am sorry. I promise I will be a very good king. I won't disappoint you any further. Please -"

"Stop it!! You cannot rule a kingdom without a Queen, without the security of a heir!!"

Wang Yibo didn't want to hear any more of it. He would rather wait near the prince's Chambers.

Xiao zhan came back in just a few minutes.

"Why didn't you go in?" He asked.

"Am I allowed to?"

He was a commander, but Xiao zhan was the prince of the kingdom. He knew his limits.

Xiao zhan called the guard present there. "Whenever Commander Wang is here to see me, he may enter my Chambers without my permission. Is that clear?"

"Yes, your highness."

Xiao zhan slowly sipped tea while admiring the garden from his window.

"Marry her."

"What?" He was sure he misheard.

"Zhan ge, you are a Prince. An only Prince. If you don't produce a heir, the kingdom may fall." Wang Yibo had to reconsider their decisions after he heard the king. Was it wrong of everyone to expect the prince to fulfil his responsibilities??

"Wang Yibo, what is it now?" Xiao zhan was annoyed at him. After all this confusion, when they had finally reached a conclusion, why did he have to ruin it?

"I heard the King. He's right. We can't -"

"Stop right there. We already took our time to think. I don't want to go back on our decision." He just didn't want to think about those things again. They made him feel miserable.

"I can take it. I can see you married to another woman, give her kids and stand beside her." He was looking towards the teacup placed on the low table all the while, refusing to meet Xiao Zhan's eyes.

What he thought wasn't impossible, after all. He could bear it.

Also, how could he ask the prince himself to put the security of the whole kingdom at stake just to be with him? He wasn't that selfish.

"You and I, both are born into important families, we are lucky. Not everyone can be a prince. These are small sacrifices to make. I can just-"

"Just what? Just behave like we are good friends?" Xiao zhan started moving towards him. "That you are very happy to see me get married and have a Queen at my side?" He sat down beside Wang Yibo, looking at him intensely.

Wang Yibo fisted his robes to control himself from doing something stupid. "Zhan ge, I will-"

"Will be fine when I touch her? Laugh with her? Eat with her? Hold her hands?" He inched closer and closer with every word, face just millimetres apart now. Wang Yibo was still staring at his lap stubbornly.

Xiao zhan continued, whispering into his ear. "When I sleep with her?"

That was it.

Wang Yibo turned around, grabbed the back of his neck with those huge hands of his and kissed Xiao zhan forcefully.

Xiao zhan made a surprised sound but kissed him back. He pushed Wang Yibo down and straddled him. He felt like he couldn't get enough of him.

He untied the outer robes and pulled open his trousers, almost tearing them in the process. He couldn't wait to get his mouth on the man below him.

When he finally took him inside his mouth, Wang Yibo gasped loudly, as if he couldn't breathe anymore. He rested his head on the floor and lied down without any resistance. He continued to stare at the beautiful ceiling of the prince's chamber and moaned quietly whenever the prince took him in deeper or performed a stunt with his tongue, licking him enthusiastically or sucking the tip.

He knew they were in too deep to stop now.

                             *****

After settling in bed, Xiao zhan murmured slowly, "Are you still thinking about it?"

"After that orgasm? Not really." Wang Yibo chuckled.

Xiao zhan slapped his chest and joined him.

"What are we going to do about it?"

"About what?"

"The heir."

"We certainly know of other kingdoms who have faced this problem before. We can find a solution there." Xiao zhan answered.

"Yes, but would everyone accept it?" He still had his doubts.

"Why won't they? Who dares to oppose me? I just have to convince father and mother." He knew he was going to become the king one day and it will be his decision to choose the heir of his liking.

"Is it really that easy, zhan ge?"

No, it wasn't. The ministers in court would oppose him, maybe even the public. A kingdom without a heir is unsafe. Their enemies could find the perfect opportunity to attack them at their weakest. And without a secure heir? They will be doomed.

"Then how else do you want it? See me with her? Share me with her? Is that how you plan to live? Or leave me without a single word like you did before?" Xiao zhan had not forgotten that yet.

"Never. I don't think I will ever be able to tolerate anyone else thinking that you belong to them and I don't know how to live without you anymore. Survive? Yes. But live? No."

Xiao zhan didn't expect such a deep answer from such a young man, but he knew he had chosen well.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.