Princess Han Xiao Ming

"Mother, look at this dress, what do you think??" Xuan Lu asked excitedly.

"It's beautiful, Lulu. You will look great in it." The Queen responded.

The whole palace was preparing for the upcoming event, the announcement of the princess's pregnancy and her baby shower.

Xiao zhan was waiting for the Wang family to arrive. He hadn't been able to see him since the mission, even though it had only been a few days. He missed their walks in the garden, Wang Yibo's teasing, his shouting of Zhan ge and their fighting classes. He was busy with his own duties and his sister's baby shower too.

Finally, the Wang family arrived. Today, Yibo was in dark blue robes, loose ponytail and a silver hair ornament. He looked very handsome.

Xiao zhan bowed, "Commander Wang." He took in the other's appearance as much as he could. When the event started, he wouldn't be able to look at him so blatantly.

He himself was wearing crimson robes today, hair slightly loose, framing his face beautifully.

Wang Yibo couldn't take his eyes off him. He couldn't believe he met such a beautiful person in his life. He felt like thanking Gods above for bestowing upon him such huge fortune.

He even forgot to greet the prince between his staring. The Prince didn't say anything for his lack of response. He just smiled teasingly, as if aware of his thoughts and went towards the throne.

Wang Yibo stared at him the whole evening. The kind of thoughts in his head were frankly impure.

What am I doing??!! Imagining such things about the prince is a crime. I must stop.

But tell that to his heart. After the Royal dinner, he went to the prince's chambers.

The doors were open. When he went inside, the Prince was standing in front of the window, looking at the moon.

"Yibo, come here." He called softly.

Wang Yibo stood beside the Prince, trying to look at the moon, but failing. He just wanted to look at Xiao Zhan's face, covered in moonlight.

"It's beautiful, isn't it??"

"Yes." Wang Yibo said, still staring at Xiao zhan.

"I have always thought that the moon is something magical. It looks like the land of fairies." When he was a child, he wanted to have the moon and cried when his parents denied.

"I have something for you." He said, searching in the nearby cabinet.

"For me?" Wang Yibo didn't know what the Prince wanted to give him.

"Here."

It was scroll. When Wang Yibo opened it, he saw a painting of a flower. A peony.

"Did you.... paint it for me?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yes. Consider it a gift from me, for..... everything." Xiao zhan wanted Yibo to know how much he cared for him and was thankful for all the efforts he took.

"Thank you." Wang Yibo smiled. It took a hell lot of effort on Xiao Zhan's part to turn his eyes away, because Yibo didn't smile often and when he did, it took the prince's breath away.

"Your highness, her majesty has requested your presence in the court room." A maid interrupted them.

Xiao zhan had planned on taking an evening walk with the commander, but apparently it wouldn't be possible.
Both of them walked to the court room together.

"A-zhan, meet the princess of the Han kingdom, Princess Han Xiao Ming." She introduced a very beautiful looking girl to him. She wore shining red robes, with golden outlines and small pearl crown atop her head.

Han Xiao Ming looked stunning. Befitting a princess.

The King and the Queen were both mesmerised by her beauty and elegance the moment they laid eyes on her. She also came from quite a powerful kingdom.

"Shall we introduce A-zhan to her?" The King had asked and the Queen had responded in positive.

"Princess Han Xiao Ming." Xiao Zhan bowed with a brilliant smile. He knew his mother would never introduce someone to him, people start assuming things, unless they had some profits to obtain from their kingdom. He better not jeopardise their chances.

"Crown Prince Xiao. Your are as handsome as they say. Maybe more." She had evidently taken a liking to the prince. The Queen was happy with this. They only had Xiao zhan to ask now.

Wang Yibo just stood beside the party and observed them. He could clearly see the Queen's intentions. When the king joined them and started praising Princess Han, he was absolutely sure.
He left the Palace without anyone noticing and went back home.

                            *****

The very next day, rumours of the Royal engagement spread like wildfire.

The Prince was in a huge dilemma. He didn't know who to follow. Heart? Or Mind?

Even though it was a typical thing, he knew he couldn't be careless. Princess Han was the perfect candidate for becoming the future Queen right now. They would become powerful and protect their people from the Li Kingdom and others.

Furthermore, this was a small sacrifice. It wasn't like no other Prince had ever done it. The Royals were duty-bound to make such sacrifices for their kingdom.

The decision had been made.

In the next few days, the rumours turned to reality. Wang Yibo had closed himself off in his room and refused to come out, apart from the occasional meals. His parents were worried about it, but considered him strong enough to deal anything on his own.

They were just relieved that their son had come back safely from the Li Kingdom. Little did they know that the incidents happening right here would hurt him a lot more.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.