𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐘

trained assassin -- chapter vi

--- GUARDS SWARMED THE CLUB. They were looking for them. 'The Americans' they called them.

The squad gathered up out of sight. Bloodsport had the Thinker in hand.

"All right... Take him out through the back, all right. Find my coordinates in the pad and meet me in half an hour." He said.

"We can't leave you here!" Jackie protested.

"Hey, did you hear what I said?"

"This is fucking-"

"Go."

Cleo and Krill grabbed him as Jackie pulled out her gun, keeping it low.

The four of them headed to the back room.

"There's no need to disturb everyone's night. I'm right here, I'm the one you're looking for." Bloodsport put his hands in the air.

"Yep, us too. We're his American companions." shouted Flag.

"What?" asked Peacemaker confused.

Jackie didn't have the time to think about what would happen to the three of them. Focus on the mission. Ten years off your sentence. Detonate the explosive.

They entered a room filled with strippers. Uncomfortably pushing past them.

"Go!" Jackie shouted to the Thinker, pointing her gun at him.

A guard was in the next room.

"Hey!" he shouted.

Before he could alert anyone else, Cleo used her gadget to command a rat to choke him. They pushed open the last door to the back of the club. Cleo looked around for Milton and the bus. Milton came from around the corner and they started on their way.

"Your equipment manipulates animal behavior, clever. I'm working on something similar with humans." said Thinker.

"Be quiet, please." Cleo demanded.

"You are perceivably panicked. I'm guessing that you are not the alphas of this battalion."

"Do you want a dozen angry rodents crawling up your ass!?" Cleo responded.

"My answer might not be what you expect."

"Just shut the fuck up!" Jackie shouted.

"Okay." Thinker shakily said.

They all got onto the bus and quickly got into their seats. Milton hit the gas and they followed the police truck Flag, Bloodsport, and Peacemaker were in.

Jackie's heart beat fast. She didn't know their plan but she hoped for the best. Next thing they knew, the truck swerved off road and crashed causing a fire. Milton stopped the bus beside the incident. Jackie quickly ran out of the bus, seeing the orange glow of flames in front of her. Were they dead...?

The back door swung open. The three men stepped outside of it as a smile grew on Jackie's face. They just never give up.

"All right. Let's go to Jotunheim." said Bloodsport.

"Nope. There's somethin' we gotta take care of first." Flag said.

"What?"

-------------------

--- JACKIE FINISHED putting her suit back on and sat next to Flag.

"So Harley's still alive?" She asked.

"For now." He responded.

"What do you mean by that?"

"We need to get her before they kill her."

There was more he wasn't telling her but she didn't care enough to bug him. She laid her head on his shoulder drifting asleep.

-------------------

---- "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN' ME." You're gonna risk the entire mission for a mental defective dressed as a court jester." Peacemaker complained.

"Shut your fucking mouth." snapped Jackie.

"We don't leave one of our own behind." Flag said.

"You're okay with this?" Peacemaker asked Bloodsport.

"No, but I've been around Flag when he's got a rag in his mouth. Best not to tug it."

"Kinky!" joked Jackie.

"Motherfucker!" shouted Peacemaker.

"All right, we'll enter through the third floor, go to the inner staircase, and then down to the cellar where they usually keep their detainees. Hopefully, Harley's still alive."

They split up. Flag, Bloodsport, and Jackie were set to retrieve Harley. They sneaked across the street unseen.

"Ratatouille, what do you got?" Flag asked

"Third floor hallway's clear. Abner?"

"There doesn't seem to be any incoming traffic."

"Bird." said Nanaue.

"Nanaue, stay off the comm." Flag demanded.

"Colonel, I got a clean shot on the only one in the office. Just give the word." Peacemaker informed.

"Fire on three, two..."

"What are you guys doing?" A voice asked.

"Harley...!" breathed Jackie.

"I... You. We're here to save you." said Flag.

"You were gonna... save me?"

"It was a really good plan, too."

"Well, I can go back inside, and you can still do it."

"That's patronizing." commented Bloodsport.

"Yeah, no, it's not..."

Harley brung both Flag and Jackie into a hug, seeing her old friends again.

"Uh, what's with the javelin?" asked Bloodsport.

"I'm waitin' for God to tell me." Harley said.

"Jesus Christ."

"Yeah. Or Him. Or any of them, really."

"Okay. Okay." said Flag.

"Are you two all right, yeah?" Bloodsport asked.

"I'm so sorry. Harley Quinn." She introduced shaking his hand.

"Bloodsport."

"Hoo-fucking-ray. Now let's go" Jackie suggested linking arms with Harley and heading back to the bus.