𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐎

trained assassin -- chapter viii-------------------

-------------------

--- EVERYTHING WAS A BLUR. Jackie's limbs badly ached as she laid underneath the dust a rubble from the ceiling. She struggled to keep her eyes open from all off the dirt in the air. She felt a hand tapping her shoulder. It immediately snapped her back into reality. "Huh?" Jackie she asked hoarsely. "We need to get out of here." Cleo spoke. She moved the rocks off of Jackie the best she could, put her arm over her shoulder and hoisted her up. "I'm fine, Cleo. Thank you." Says Jackie. There was a loud rumble. They looked over to the tank and... it was broken. "What have you people done?" Thinker shouted. He started screaming as tentacles appeared from the tank and grabbed him down with it. "Fuck! Cleo come!" Jackie shouted, grabbing her hand and running away from the scene. They ran as fast as they could and didn't look back.

There was a dead end. Cleo looked back and forth for a pathway but everything was blocked with rubble. Starro was coming closer. "This cannot be how I die. A fucking starfish!" Jackie exclaimed. Sebastian started squeaking loudly. He pointed to a passageway. Pretty small but they could fit. "You go first." Jackie said to Cleo. She quickly crawled into the space, Jackie shortly following after.

When they got to the end of the way, they heard yelling. The voices sounded extremely familiar. "Is that..." Jackie whispered. Cleo held her finger to her lips; signaling to be quiet. There was fighting and a bunch of crashes. It was Flag and Peacemaker. Jackie desperately wanted to help. Focus on the mission. Focus on the mission. Focus on the fucking mission. For once she felt feelings. When she was trained she was trained to do her job. That's it. No sympathy for anyone or anything. She would kill whoever she was told to kill. Like a puppet. She was tired of being controlled but the instructions were permanently cemented in her brain. She couldn't do anything, even if she could.

Flag and Peacemaker struggled on the floor. Flag was choking him with a metal bar. Peacemaker struggled underneath him. He looked around for any kind of things her could use. It was his last hope. A broken piece of something. The edges were sharp. He picked it up with his free arm and stabbed it into Rick's chest. Flag gasped at this. Peacemaker hit the shard again. It went deeper into Flag's chest, puncturing his heart. Jackie watched this through and through. She couldn't hold it anymore. Tears started running down her cheeks.

Rick was going to die.

"Peacemaker. What a joke." Were his last words before he fell beside Peacemaker. Jackie's heart starting beating faster and faster. Her chest started burning, eyes filled with tears, lip quivering. Peacemaker kneeled beside Flag's body; staring down at it. He looked up and made eye contact with the two women across from him. Cleo looked down at the drive in front of her. She reached out and took it off of the floor. "Cleo. Give me back the drive." He said. "Run." Cleo ordered Jackie. Jackie just sat there, emotionless. Cleo didn't want to leave her but she couldn't risk getting killed by Peacemaker so, she bolted up the stairs with him chasing after.