Planning Ahead

(Vincent's Pov)

-One Week Later-

I was currently at work setting up the new display for the snare drums and I hear the door open with the bell sound so I look over to see some kids walking around the shop a bit looking at the guitars. I watched them for a bit as Chuck came back from the office area and I go over to him to look at the papers he had for an order we put in on the trumpets and I nod as I go clear off some space for the new instruments.

"Hey can we get some help here?" I hear and I look at the teens as they gave me an annoyed look so I go over to them.

"Yes, how can I help?" I asked.

"We were wondering about this guitar, why is it priced so high?" A kid asked and I look at it.

"Oh, that's a custom guitar that someone didn't pick up so we're selling it to the public, it's also a bit pricy because we added in the amp for it but if you already have one we can deduct it from the price." I explained.

"And how much cheaper would it be?" another kid asked.

"Sadly, only about fifty to seventy-five bucks less, again it's a custom order so it was handmade here." I explained and one of the teens took it of it's display so I watch them.

"Watch me play." They say as they just start playing a bad version of one of my band's songs, 'Life Before the Dead'. I cringed a bit at this and I see them looking at me.

"Oh, you think you can play better?" The teen says and I look at him.

"You didn't tune it right so it's off by a few pitches, also yes I do know how to play it." I tell them.

"Then show us." He says and shoves the guitar to me and I look the them then the guitar. I didn't want to play the guitar so I just put it back.

"See he can't play it, why the hell are you even working here?" Another teen said and I look the them.

"Because I know music and I just don't feel like playing." I tell them.

"Whatever, anyway can we get this guitar we need it for a gig." One of them says and I nod as I take the guitar to the front of the store. I cashed them out and gave them some replacement strings as well, and they got a free pick to go with it since chuck had that sale going on. They leave and I rubbed my neck a bit as Chuck looked to me.

"Don't like playing anymore?" He asked as he came up to me.

"It's not that I don't want to I just don't feel like it's necessary right now." I tried to say and he looks at me.

"Is it because you don't have the inspiration?" He asked and I think a bit. For some reason my mind wanders to Clementine and I shake my head a bit at this.

"No, I mean... I do but I don't." I tell him and I put the receipt away in the one drawer to the side and I look to him again. Before we could talk more, we heard the door open again and I turn to see Clementine with AJ and I smile and wave at them and she looks to me and smiles as they both come up to the register.

"Hey Chuck, hey Vincent." Clementine says and I nod.

"Hey Clementine, how's school?" Chuck asked her.

"It's going good." She tells him.

"So, you here to get something?" I asked.

"Actually yes, AJ's school is teaching them how to play drums in music class but we need the practice ones?" She asked confused and I nodded.

"I know what they're talking about." I say as I take them over to the section of the flat practice drums and I grab some drumsticks that would fit in his hands properly.