6. The cave

Serra woke up on the familiar touch on her skin. A touch that felt like home, sending sparks and fire to her nerves. Her head hurts and her face burning in pain.
She groaned.

"She's awake!" a familiar voice exclaimed.

Her heart felt like twisted. Am I dead? Why am I hearing her voice?

Her eyes still closed. She don't have the energy to open it and welcome the world, but she was conscious on the hubbub of soft noises, of murmurs and breathing.

She felt a hand gently caressing her skin, clearing her face. The hand was familiarly rough and calloused but the touch was gentle. She grew up touching that hand; she used to held it as she run.

She groaned then gently opened her eyes and blinked. She was like in a dim lighted room, above her was stone walls, dark and cold; shadows danced on it. She blinked again, wetting her eyeballs.

At the corner of her eye was a shadow, looming above her. The shadow leaned closer, its curly hair brushing against her arms. Her deep blue eyes looks like the ocean in the dim light, her beautiful face was bright as the sun. She was smiling and tears running down her face.

"Mi...Mira?" she whispered in disbelief. Her heart racing. Her eyes glimmer in tears. "Is that you?"

Mira cupped her face. "Oh my god. Serra" she burst into tears, her fingers scrubbing gently Serra's cheeks. "Yes, it is me"

Serra bolt upright and hugged her tightly around her arms. She could hear Mira's heart slamming in hers, like their hearts beat in the shared rhythm. Mira's shirt was now wet with her tears.

"Oh my god. I thought I will never see you again" cried Serra.

She broke off and wiped her tears. It was like her soul jumped in happiness and relief seeing Mira in front of her. She felt like the dagger that has been impaled in her heart for a long time was pulled free - although there's still one dagger left clinging for the loss of her mother - but at least she felt lighter now; more alive and a little blissed.

She's tangible and real. Mira didn't changed much since she last saw her leaving the gates weeks ago. She still have the same beautiful face and the same beautiful eyes. Her hair was messy and untied, she was still beautiful like a goddess.

Mira wiped her tears with the back of her hand. She was looking at Serra, and her golden eyes looked like a sun in the dim light. "How did you ended up in the woods?" said Mira. "What happened?"

Behind Mira she saw three other people: the two guys that rescued her, Niko and Viktor, and a girl with short black hair, she looked like ten years old. They were standing behind Mira, looking at their reunion.

Serra told everything that happened after Mira left: the Reaper attack, how she got there at the woods, and how she was saved by Niko and Viktor. She also recalled her mother's revelation and her death that tore her heart as she speak. She tried her best to tell the story in details.

Mira was wide eyed and her palm was covering her mouth. When Serra was done speaking, Mira pulled her and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so sorry" Mira cried. "I'm sorry I am not there with you. I'm sorry for Tiya Maria". She caressed Serra's back gently up and down, hoping it will ease her a little. It's the least that she could do for now. If she could only take all the pain, she would do it.

They broke off. "I thought I will be alone forever" Serra whispered.

"I'm here now" said Mira. There was no doubt in her voice, only love and assurance. Her teary deep blue eyes looked like a stormed ocean. "I will never leave you again. Ever"