15. Queen of Feathers

Serra dashed to her and hugged Mira with the bars between them. Mira's familiar touch embraced her skin, sending fire of comfort to her heart. It's like all the baggage she's been carrying in her heart after they got separated on the woods vanished like a snap.
Their arms wrapped together tight, ignoring the cold metal bars between them. The sisterly love that flows both of them warmed up their hearts, giving strength to each other.

"Oh my god" Serra cried after they broke off. She touched Mira's damp rosy cheeks and wiped the tears with her fingers. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?".

"I'm fine" Mira said. "We're fine".

Then Niko and Viktor appeared behind Mira, looking thin and exhausted. They've been only away for days yet the feeling was like years.

"Serra?" Niko said, surprised. "How did you get here? Where's Rena?"

Weirdly, Serra missed him. She even wanted to hug him right now but stopped herself.

"I'm here" Rena said, her eyes glimmered with tears. She moved towards the gate and Niko gave her a sweet brotherly hug. They broke off quickly and Rena wiped her tears away.

"How did you find us" Viktor interrupted.

"It was me" Sisi whispered in the corner, her blue eyes looked dark and eerie. "I gave Serra a vision of where we are".

"Wow" Viktor exclaimed, he looked more thin now making his sharp features more profound. He is still handsome tho. "You can do that? Wow. Oh, fuck me!".

Rena laughed. "You know we just saw two dudes fucking earlier" she said. "Anyways, we used the hole at the back and sneak our way inside. So we need to get out of here right now".

"How did you pass the guards?" Niko asked.

"The two guards below were asleep" Serra answered. "Well the guard here, Rena killed him". Serra tried to sound as proud as she is. She knows guilt was still bothering Rena from the inside.

Rena just smiled and dashed towards the dead guard that bathe on his blood on the floor. The keys were soaked on the blood and we're dangling on his hips. Rena yanked it and quickly ran back to them.

"We have a lot to tell" Viktor said.

"Us too" Rena said without looking at him. She was busy trying every key to open the lock. "But let's talk about that later, right now getting our asses out of this hell is our priority".

And then after what felt like forever, the gate clanged open, giving off a faint sound of metals creaking against the cold night. Mira got out first then Sisi and Niko and Viktor.

Mira and Serra hugged for a moment then broke off. Sisi walked silently and settled herself behind them, feeling like an outcast. Viktor hugged Rena and broke off just as Daren and Lukas stepped out outside the gates.

Serra's body goes rigid on the sight of the two boys. She didn't notice herself gripping the sword tight around her fingers. Rena also stepped back and regarded Lukas and Daren a strong look.

"Relax" Mira said. "They're Daren and Lukas, they're our friends".

Serra seemed to relax at that.

Daren and Lukas smiled at Rena and Serra. Serra only nodded and smiled faintly to them.

Serra catches Niko staring at her. His black eyes looked deep and mysterious. The shadows that danced on his face adds a dark touch to his handsomeness.

Serra felt her cheeks burning. She bit her lip; she suddenly hoped that the moonlight wouldn't reveal her blushing cheeks. She gave him a faint smile and Niko smiled back. At that, her heart suddenly kicked so hard inside her chest. Her nerves burned with sudden fire of unexplainable joy and nervousness mixed into a wild feeling.