20. Warm Memories

It wasn't the look she remembers when she left Sirka village. The memory plays on Serra's mind: Maria falling to her knees and behind her was Rila holding a bow with deep angry eyes.
And now she's standing again in the gates, looking directly into her sister's eyes.
Rila is still as beautiful as before but something is different from her, something Serra couldn't fathom. Her expression lighten and she's clearly surprised to see Serra.

Is she happy to see her? Has she changed?

Serra wanted badly to think of that but the painful memory fills her heart.

They were staring at each other for a minute before Rila spoke and looked away.

"Go away or we will shoot again!" Rila announced. Her voice was strong and full of authority.

It was something innate to her sister. Rila is full of authority, a leader material. When she speaks, everyone listens to her.

"Rila" Serra said. She countered the authority and fullness of her sister's tone. She stared to her with a strong look. She gather all the pain in her memory and fuels it on her heart. "We do not came her for trouble. We came her to help."

She sounded firm in her own ears and that makes her proud. Growing up, she always wants to be like her sister. She wanted to have her sister's strength and courage and now standing in front of Rila with an army of Badbloods behind her makes her feel like a leader.

"We don't need helping" Rila said strongly and her voice was like a burning fire. "And if we do? Not from the likes of you!"
Rila hissed and there she saw again her old sister. The angry and hateful Rila.

Sere gave back the look.

"Few days from now, Sirka will be attacked by an army of Badbloods." she said. "The village will burn to ashes. We saw it. We saw your bodies littered on the ground like debris. Bloods spilled on the ground like river. And the Reapers will come to feast on your dead and soulless bodies."

"And do you think we will believe that?" her sister laughed. "You lying monsters!"

Sisi stepped forward and the air blew on her face like it's welcoming her. Her hair flew like fine silk. Her eyes overflowing with knowledge.

"You believe in us. I can see it." Sisi interrupted. Her deep eerie voice boomed through everyone's ears. And that, Rila was silent. She just stared at Sisi, wide-eyed. "I can see through you and you believe every word Serra said. But you choose the anger and hate within you."

Rila didn't say any word for what Sisi said was the truth. Rila believed in what Serra said but her pride and ego were higher than the walls of the village. She just look at Sisi with deep hateful eyes.

"I have the gift of sight and great knowledge" Sisi continued. "Every word that comes out of my tongue is the truth. I have seen this village burned right before my eyes and I can still feel the pain and suffering of your people. Ignore what's to come and you will be doomed."

Rila was silent for a moment and Serra could see her teeth clattered inside her mouth.

"Enough of that nonsense!" she hissed. "Turn back now or I will fucking kill you!"

"You should listen to us!" Serra said almost like a shout. Anger was now rising in her voice. Her fingers curled into fist and her eyes glowed with power and determination. They have come this far and she will not give up. Serra knows that her sister is still there, her old sister imprisoned within herself. All she have to do is to break that wall for her to see the light again.

Sisi turned to Serra and their eyes locked for a moment. Words and thoughts passed through them like unspoken voices. Then Serra realized what Sisi is going to do.