16. Safe place

The cold water of lake Tibor sparkled in the moonlight and the perfect image of the moon reflects on the water.
In the distance, they could still see the birds that stormed the sky. The cries and the screams were also audible.

No one spoked as they ran. Their minds were fixed on getting away fast as possible. They don't see Leni's men at their tail now but they can't stop; they're not far yet from the enemies.

Viktor was back on his human form, naked, but somehow he managed to grab his clothes when they escaped and he slowly put it back on while running. Now that's talent.

Daren's skin also back to normal, his shirt was destroyed and a burn was visible on his chest. He winced as the cold wind hit his skin.

Mira is still unconscious and Niko was carrying her carefully. Haris was nearby, beside Danika and were both silent as the night sky.

"She lost so much energy" Serra finally broked the silence. She felt Mira's life energy, very faint. "We should stop. I could fix her".

Panting, Niko nodded.

"I think we should take a little rest" Niko announced and everyone stopped.

Niko put down Mira gently on the ground. Serra immediately sat down and touched Mira's hand. Heavenly fire burst out from Serra's hand and gave a faint illumination around.

"I'll go watch the surroundings" Rena said and stalked out.

"I'll go with you" Lukas said and followed Rena into the shadows.

Haris was standing across Serra and was watching her. Haris could still not believe that they're both Badbloods. He keeped on asking himself if he hate them both but he couldn't feel it. He tried to hate them he just couldn't.

Serra let go gently of Mira's hand.

Serra looked around. She saw Niko leaning on a tree, his eyes were closed. Then she saw Haris looking at her. Confusion and hesitation were on his eyes. She can't read him now and shoved away the attempt to try. Instead, she smiled to him.

"She'll be fine" Serra said to him. "She only needs a little rest". She cleared Mira's face and touched her cheeks.

Haris didn't say anything and just nodded. He came slowly and sat across her, Mira between them.

"Are you hurt?" Serra asked.

Haris shook his head. "No" he said and paused for a second. "I'm fine....I guess".

Serra looked away and took a deep breath. Her heart seemed to blow into pieces.

"I'm gonna go check the others" she said. "Stay with her. She will be up in a moment".

At that, Serra stood up and walked away.

Haris didn't protest and sat lonely beside Mira.

Serra found Sisi and Danika sitting beside a tall tree. They were talking like they know each other for a long time. Sisi's dark blue eyes brighten a little, almost like the color of the sky.
Serra made her way slowly to them. When they saw her, Sisi smiled and Danika only stared.

"May I join you?" Serra asked.

Sisi nodded. "Of course" she said. "How is Mira".

Serra placed the sword to the ground and sat beside them.

"She's okay" Serra said, looking at both of them. Danika looked shy so Serra gave her a kind smile. "How about you guys? Are you okay? Are you hurt?".

"N...No" Danika said almost like a whisper. "We're fine".

Silence took over for a minute.
Serra looked up at the beautiful sky. The moon was enjoying the company of the colorful stars and the clouds.