10. Blood and sweat

They carefully put down Sisi on the ground. They were all crying as they gather around her, water dripped down from their bodies.

Sisi's eyes were closed, her face was pale and bloodless. Her stomach was bloated, full of river water.
Sisi has been with them only for a short period of time yet she was good to them all, friendly and very soft spoken.

The wind sweeps through them, cold as a corpse, making Serra shiver. Her wet gray  hair looked like silver in the bright sky. The sword felt cold and lonely on her side. Their clothes were wet, their eyes red and puffy from drowning and crying.

The world around them fell silent, even the sound of the river and the woods were like muted and all they can hear is the sound of sorrow and grief of their cries.

"Can you help her Serra?" Mira cried, her voice hoarse and rough, low like a whisper. Her blue eyes looked like a stormy sky.

"I don't know" Serra said. She grabbed Sisi's wrist, her heart leaped in relief and happiness as she felt Sisi's life energy burning faintly inside her, like a dying candle with a tiny and pale light. She's holding on. "She's still with us!" she exclaimed.

An Inkur can fix everyone as long as their soul didn't leave their body, it is where the Inkurs can reach them and bring them back.

All of them cried in relief, their faces full of hope but the pain and terror were still visible in their eyes.

Serra put back Sisi's arm and closed her eyes. She concentrated and gather herself up. She then thought of the heavenly fire in her hands and flinched a little as she felt the divine flame burns in her hands.
Then she touched Sisi's chest, the fire touched her skin. The flame sunk to her skin as if like absorbing them.

Serra reached deep to Sisi, feeling her soul in the darkness. The little flame was now gone, she can't feel her, can't reach her. Sisi was like a blank canvas, plain and dead. Serra panicked.

Sisi, can you hear me? Serra thought. Sisi? Please come back, she pleaded. There was no response, she still can't reach and feel Sisi. She was crying now, her heart sank to deepest part of her consciousness.

Sisi, please comeback to us. Sisi?

She remembered her on the woods, remembered the first time seeing her. Her beautiful and eerie eyes, her hair, and face. It was just yesterday but it felt like a long time ago now, a distant and far memory. Truly friendship can't be measured by the time spent but by how close they are to the heart.

Sisi, please. Can you hear me? Come back to us.

Serra gasped when she felt a sudden burst of light from within Sisi. It was like a small fire and it grows violently, sweeping away the darkness. She could feel her now, her life energy burning inside her, her soul and she could reach her, even touch her very soul.

Serra opened her eyes and saw her burning hands above Sisi's chest. The fire was golden and divine, radiating power and justice. It dances on her skin like the sun. Serra laughed in joy, her heart flew in happiness. Tears of joy streaked down on her face.

Then Sisi was coughing out the water she drank. She struggled to breath. Took packets of air while coughing out the water from her stomach. Rena and Mira helped her inclined a little. Serra could now feel Sisi's heart kicking inside her chest, her blood running through her veins.

Serra withdraw her hand and it stopped burning. She was looking at Sisi in disbelief. She just saved her and the feeling was surreal.

Sisi opened her eyes, it looked like an ocean under the sunset, still beautiful but weary and exhausted. Colors starting to come back on her face as blood now circulates freely, her face still pale but there's a hint of red in her cheeks, her lips were full and rosy.