A TIGER WITH MANY STRIPES

(this is warning for those that need it, this chapter is primarily Jihyun getting whipped, so feel free to skip it if that unsettles you)

Jihyun's hair was pulled loose from its ponytail and was whipped around by the winds that, having been so still before, seemed to scream now in protest. Tears pricked Jihyun's eyes as a rough hand grabbed his hair and twisted it all together before hacking and sawing at the locks with a knife. All Jihyun could hear was the sound of his hair being split apart, each time the knife caught it would send a bolt of pain across his scalp. Already tears were leaking from his doe-like eyes, and already Jihyun's pink lips were parted with soft pleading. How could the prince who he so foolishly idolized do this? At last the knife passed cleanly through, and Jihyun's head felt all of a sudden too light, his neck too bare. He barely had time to process this change before that same knife tore through the clothing of his shirt, revealing his back and chest. Oddly enough, it was Jihyun who felt shame at his situation, so he cowered behind the post to hide his body from the prince as if he was not the one to do this to him.

"Begin the count!" Jihyun felt a presence behind him, he heard the wind rush as the whips came cracking down, but he still could not hold back the scream as the metal tipped leather bit into his skin.

"One!"

There was another crack, and Jihyun could smell his own blood.

"Twelve!"

Another crack and he could taste it, he had bit his tongue to stop from screaming

"Twenty-nine!"

He didn't have to stop trying to scream, he couldn't feel it anymore. Couldn't hear anymore. Could barely see because his eyes were so thick with tears.

"Forty-two!"

The unfeeling eyes and twisted smile on the Crown Prince's face was the last thing Jihyun saw before he couldn't hold on anymore.