Chapter FIVE

It was already last period. We had biology and our class went outside to this wide garden. I had been following Tomas around to make it easier to locate my classes but still, we hadn't spoken. I wanted to say something but I didn't see the point. I'd probably make him mad again even though I didn't do anything. The teacher left running back into the school because supposedly he left his pack of papers in his desk. We all just stood under the trees. Everyone was spread out. It amazed me how many people could be in one class. Even though I had never really seen a class. Today was a day I was experiencing new things. Even with this girl getup. I turned to notice Tomas gone. My eyes widened as I looked both ways.

"Wow"I whispered. Did he just walk away? I mean yeah I could tell I annoyed him somehow but still. Was this really how he was going to behave?

"Raina babe "someone said.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and I turned pushing almost quickly. A guy with black hair moved back surprised as well.

"Oh! I'm sorry! You look like my girlfriend. "He said.

I moved back still wierded out.

"Really, sorry"he waved frowning. He then ran off shaking his head.

I turned walking the other way as well. Jeez that was fucking weird. I mean what could I expect though. In everyone's eyes I was a girl. I couldn't get mad because well they didn't know, but..still.

The teacher came back giving the pack to another girl. She handed them out to each of us while the teacher spoke.

"Get into partners. Only two! And search for these things on here. Use the map on the wall if you are not Sure where all the garden supplies are. Under the long table there should be buckets to fill with your findings. Bring them to me for a check off grade before the school bell rings".

The girl gave me a paper nodding as she walked off. I looked down and checked the paper. Such simple things such as pinecones maple leaves and cotten. I rolled my eyes as I turned back towards the teacher. He sat down flipping through a magazine as everyone mumered with Their friends.

What a cool teacher, I thought sarcastically. He then began to tap his case.

"Hurry up. Yall only have 45 minutes"he yelled.

Everyone scurried off going for Their things. I looked around searching for the butthead. Nowhere. He was nowhere in sight. Seriously tomas where fuck are you? I thought.

"Leslie".

"Hmm "I turned.

"Do you not have a partner?"the teacher asked.

My eyes widened. Should I just say yes or?

"Mr. Roland I don't have anyone to be with could I just do it alone?"said one girl.

We both turned and a short chubby girl stood there rolling her fingers back and forth on her bucket.

Mr. Roland shook his head. "No Paula. Go with her"he pointed.

The girl looked up and pushed her glasses up. She looked at me and my eyes widened.

"Uh.. well"I studdered

The teacher turned. "Do you have a partner or not?"he asked annoyed.

"Well no I mean.. "I frowned.

"Then go. Hurry yall are waisting time as it is"he waved.

What the hell was his problem?