Haunted

Louis laughed as he walked around the Doncaster mall with his friends, smiling, being happy, loving life. They were on their way to the food court when a strange looking old lady stepped out in front of Louis.

"Uh, can I help you ma'am?" he asked politely, he was always told to use his manners.

"Would you like a free reading, child? I'm getting some very.. Strange energy off of you." the old lady explained.

Louis cocked his head and narrowed his eyes in confusion. The lady was wearing gypsy-like clothes, and had glassy blue eyes that scanned over him like a radar.  Her hands were boney and her skin was sagged from old age. He then looked to the direction of where the lady came from, and learned that she was a psychic. 

He turned to his friends, who shrugged and nodded in response.

"Why not? It's free." one said, earning a nod back from Louis.

"Alrighty then, lead the way miss." the 18 year old say cheerfully. The elder smiled in return and started back to her little stand, Louis and his friends following behind.

As they reached the entering curtain, the lady stopped.

"Just you boy, your friends must wait outside." she said somewhat seriously. 

Louis looked to his friends again, and received more nods. He shrugged his shoulders and followed the lady inside through the curtains.

Inside her stand was very dark, but dimly lit by multiple candles. There were some strange signs hanging up in the walls, and in the middle of it all was a single table with two chairs. The lady sat in the one on the far side, so Louis just quietly took the other.

"So... What do I do now? I've never done this before." Louis said shyly, with a small blush of embarrassment appearing on his cheeks.

The elder women just smiled back at him, "You do nothing my child. Just hold out your hands and relax."

Louis did as he was told, and stretched his hands across the table, his palms facing upward. The lady reached forward and picked up Louis' left hand gently; her skin felt wrinkly and cold in Louis' soft, warm hands.

Louis watched the lady run her fingers delicately over his palm, deep in concentration. He looked to her face, and watched her blue eyes zip back and forth. But suddenly her eyes grew wide and gasp escaped her lips, making Louis jump.

"Oh dear.." the women whispered softly, still staring at Louis' hand.

"What?" Louis asked quickly, staring back and forth between his hand and the lady's face.

"Well child, most boys your age usually have very positive energy surrounding or inside of them... But you are exactly the opposite. she said worriedly.

"Pardon? I don't understand.." Louis questioned, starting to feel uncomfortable.

"You have pure evil running inside of you, child. I suggest you get rid of it now before it becomes out of hand. Energy like this is usually some type of evil spirit sharing your body; if it takes over, you are completely out of luck."

Louis froze, suddenly feeling cold inside and his breath became hitched. He quickly pulled his hand out of the lady's grip and stood up from the small table.

"Okay- Thanks for the reading, but I really need to get going." the boy spoke, a bit of shake in his voice. He started to speed walk towards the exit as he heard the lady stand from her chair as well.

"Wait child! You must get that energy removed immediately! Horrible things can happen if it is not taken care of! It's known to be deadly! she warned.

But Louis ignored her and stumbled out of the dark tent, almost falling into his awaiting friends.

"How'd it go?" one asked. "What did she say?"

Louis didn't reply, he just stared back over his shoulder at the tent, his breathing still unsteady and his heart pounding inside his chest.

"Louis!"

The boy snapped his attention back to his friends.

"You okay mate?" the same boy asked, placing a friendly hand on his friend's shoulder.

Louis swallowed thickly, before nodding his head. "Y-Yeah, just some crazy old lady. Let's go."

His friends seemed unsure, but followed as Louis quickly walked away from the strange tent and deeper into the mall.

"So what were you saying about the X Factor, Chase?" The spooked boy asked his friend, changing the topic.

But Louis should of taken the elder woman's advice, and maybe he would have; if he heard the whisper of evil laughter as the candles blew out when he left the tent.

If only he heard.

If only he saw.

Hi(: So, my other fic didn't work out, so I decided I'm just going to post one of my other ones on here. I've already finished this one, so the chapters should come out quick(: And I'm just warning you now, if you don't like things like ghosts, or death, or crap like that, this isn't the story for you. BUUUTTT Thanks for reading the first chapter anyways(: Love ya! x