Pillow Fight

"Liam Payne, what room is he in?" Zayn demanded more than asked as he slammed his hands down on the front desk of the emergency room. The lady gave him a disapproving look; Niall quickly shoved Zayn aside and flipped on his Irish charm.

"I'm terribly sorry miss, what my friend meant to ask is could you please tell us what room Liam James Payne and Louis William Tomlinson are in?" Niall asked politely, fluttering his crystal blue eyes at the middle aged women. She laughed lightly, turning towards her computer.

"Sure love," she replies typing in some words. "Mr. Payne is in room 228 and Mr. Tomlinson is in room 229, right across the hall from each other."

Niall cracks a grin at her, nodding his head. "Thank you very much, miss." She replies with another giggle, but it stops as she sees Zayn push Niall and Harry aside and start to take off down the hall; but Niall harshly yanks the collar of his varsity jacket back, causing Zayn to gag.

"Slow the fuck down! Liam isn't dying, Zayn. He just got his hands burned." the blonde snaps at his friend. "And you know, you could at least pretend you're concerned about Louis."

His last sentence makes Zayn stop struggling and stare at the floor in shame. Niall let's go of his jacket and crosses his arms over his chest with a huff.

"He's still Louis, Zayn. He can't help what's happening... It's not his fault."

Zayn sighed heavily, knowing Niall is 100% right. "I know Niall," he starts, "It's just... You know I'm protective over Liam."

"And I understand that." Niall shoots back, "But that doesn't mean you get to leave Louis in the dust. He's hurt too, physically and emotionally."

Zayn couldn't believe he was getting snapped at by Niall, out of all people. And he was saying such wise words; when did he get so smart?

"Okay okay, I'm sorry.. Really." Zayn promised, earning a head nod from Niall while Harry just stood there, waiting somewhat patiently to go see their friends.

"Good, now you can go see Liam.. But walk like a normal person, yeah?" Niall says more softly this time, feeling like he was being too harsh. Zayn shows a small smirk, before turning on his heel and speed walking down the hall.

He counts the door placks as they pass by; feelig annoyed each time it isn't the right number. But eventually he comes across room 228, much to his joy, and slowly opens the door.

"Liam?"

Liam is lying in his hospital bed, watching the TV with half closed eyes. A bunch of tubes and such are hooked up to his right arm near his wrist, making Zayn feel sad, even though he knows its just basic IV fluids.

Liam's head turned towards the door as he heard someone enter; a smile formed on his lips as he saw a familiar quiff standing in the doorway.

"Zaaaaayn!" he cheers, making Zayn giggle but cock his head in confusion.

"Hey mate.. You feeling okay?" Zayn asks as he shuts the door and makes his way over to the bed. He frowns as he sees that Liam's hands are wrapped in thick white bandages, covering up his burns.

"Cool as a cucumber!" Liam giggles, and Zayn can't help but laugh. Liam is acting like he's drunk; it's funny as hell, but why? Zayn then sees an empty needle on the tray a few feet away from Liam's bed, labeled Morphine. Well, that explains it.

"They got you knocked up on painkillers, huh mate?" Zayn jokes, sitting on the edge of Liam's bed and placing a hand on his shin. Liam just giggles, tilting his head to the side.

"Buzz Lightyear is on your shoulder." he states with a serious look on his voice, making Zayn laugh loudly. Leave it to Liam to still think about Toy Story, even when he's drugged.