Way Too Close Of A Call

Later that morning, after all the boys woke up and had breakfast; Louis went upstairs to get dressed (He claimed that he was tired of walking around in his pajama's), and Harry just wondered off in his own little world, which wasn't anything new.

Liam, Zayn and Niall were in the living room, watching  football (shocker?) just chilling out and relaxing. 

"So Louis didn't remember anything from last night?" Zayn questioned during a commercial. Liam shook his head while doing something on his phone.

"He said all he remembers was Harry telling him to go to sleep. Then waking up." Liam explained.

Zayn's face scrunched up in different emotions, mostly frustration.

"Wait, what are you guys talking about? What happened last night?" A confused Niall asked with his eyebrows pointed down.

Liam looked at Zayn, who nodded his head in approval. "Well, last night Lou--" Liam started to say, before his ears picked up strange noises from upstairs.

Thump.. Thump

All three boys looked to the ceiling above them, then  at each other with the same expression on their faces.

"Did you hear that?" Zayn was the first to ask, Niall and Liam nodded.

It happened again. 

Thump Thump...

"Louis?" Niall called up the stairs.

No answer. 

Liam rose to his feet, "Stay here." he commanded, walking to the staircase.

"Oh no," Niall protested, quickly jumping to his feet and following Liam. "I'm not letting you go up there alone, are you crazy?" the blonde said bravely, making Liam smile.

"Thanks Nialler, but you could get hurt."

"And so could you." Niall snapped back, crossing his arms over his chest. Liam smiled more but rolled his eyes at Niall's protective behavior.

"Alright, fine.. Just stay behind me."

Niall agreed to that.

Thump.. Scraaatchhh

"Come on," Liam rushed, scrambling up the stairs with Niall on his heels. Zayn sat there on the couch with his arms crossed over his chest, there was no way he was going up there. Although, he did feel like someone was watching him....

"Hey, wait for me!" Zayn cried, jumping off the couch and running up the stairs to catch up with his friends. He found them in the upstairs hallway, listening for more movement.

BANG

The loud noise echoed in the quiet house, making the three boys jump.

"L-Liam, let's just go back downstairs. I bet it's nothing." Niall tried to convince, his bravery suddenly melting away like ice in the sun. But Liam just put his hand out, signaling him to be quiet.

"Louis?" Liam called out, thinking that this was some type of sick joke that the eldest boy was playing.

"Yeah?"

The trio turned around to see Louis in the doorway of the bathroom, his mouth full of toothpaste and a toothbrush in his hand. Liam's heart suddenly increased in speed.

It's not Louis making the sounds.

THUMP THUMP THUMP

It almost seemed like someone was knocking on the walls; this caused Louis' mouth to drop open, making droplets of toothpaste dribble down his chin.