19: THANKFUL

Liked by mariannewby and 289,734 othersdrewstarkey Thankful for all the opportunities I've been given and everything that's happened this yearView all 2,359 commentshichasestokes thankful that you've at least got a shirt onaddisonmallory thankful ...

drewstarkey Thankful for all the opportunities I've been given and everything that's happened this year
View all 2,359 comments
hichasestokes thankful that you've at least got a shirt on
addisonmallory thankful you took the wrong phone
drewstarkey yes

Virgin Mary | 2:42pm
so how's the morning after thanksgiving Addie my love

Me | 2:43pm
I know I'm at Holden's but you're not getting away without telling me what tf that was last night

Virgin Mary | 2:43pm
no don't worry about me!
Virgin Mary | 2:43pm
I know you want to come home for me but I'm fine
Virgin Mary | 2:44pm
I promise ❤❤

Me | 2:44pm
marianne

Virgin Mary | 2:45pm
okay we can phone
Virgin Mary | 2:45pm
but later
Virgin Mary | 2:45pm
when you're done with work!! I know you're not just hanging out with Holden

Me | 2:46pm
hold up

'Don't you even for a SECOND think that YOU are not my priority, Marianne.'

'...Seriously, Addie, this isn't'

'No deflecting. You two had a screaming match in front of all our friends. You've been arguing more for the past MONTH. I know you wanted to talk it through with him first and I respect that but I don't like it when you're hiding things from me. I'm here to listen, Marianne. If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine, but don't come up with bullshit. Don't tell me it's okay when I can tell it isn't.'

'...That's a quarter.'

'Are you crying?'

'Maybe. I don't know.'

'Hey, I'll be home soon. Holden doesn't need—'

'No, don't. I'll be fine. Seriously. I think... I think I need some time on my own.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yeah.'

'I want you to talk to me if it's bothering you. That's why I'm here.'

'I don't know... Things have been weird for a while and it just keeps getting worse and I don't know what to do. Tom doesn't, either. It's like It feels like we're stuck in this middle of bloody nowhere and neither of us knows the way out. And we're just arguing, blaming each other for it.'

'Shit, that's... You and Tom have been through a lot together, Marianne. I'm sure you guys will get through this, too. Just talk to him.'

'I've tried!'

'Yeah, but... I love you, Marianne, but you always kind of... HALF-listen. He's not trying to hurt you, alright? This guy loves you like no one I've ever seen love another person.. It's just... It's a bump on the road.'

'There's a lot of bumps.'

'It's a rocky road. Make sure you've got the right tires.'

'...Christ, Addie, that is... That is some of the stupidest shit I've ever heard.'

'But it made you laugh!'

'...Yeah. You're right, I guess.'

'Yeah. Look, go and take a shower, do a facemask, put on Love Rosie and don't think about this. When you're ready, call him, and let me know when you want me back. I'll stay here as long as you need, Holden said he doesn't mind.'

'...You'd do that for me?'

'There's very little I WOULDN'T do for you, Marianne. Go make yourself some tea.'

'Okay. Thanks, Addie. Oh, by the way, I saw what Drew posted today.'

'Mhm?'

'It's a thirst trap. I wonder who he's trying to trap.'

'Jesus, Marrianne, I'm— Is this how you're keeping yourself from thinking about Tom?'

'I don't Maybe. It's fun to think about, don't you agree?'

'Dunno. It's hard to think of Drew trying to thirst trap someone. It is kind of funny, but I don't think trying to figure it out is going to be a good distraction.'

'Sorry, I just... I don't know. I needed something to keep me occupied.'

'Trying to decipher Drew's love life won't help.'

'Yeah. Yeah, you're probably right. Sorry, I justIt's easier to think about anything other than Tom.'

'You don't need to apologise to me about that, Marianne, I get it. I really do. It'll all be okay. Just focus on yourself for a bit, yeah?'

'Yeah. You're right. I'll go take a shower now.'

'Long and hot.'

'Steamy.'

'With a facemask.'

'Just the way we like it!'

'Okay, seriously. Keep me up to date with how you're feeling and what you're up to and as soon as you want me home, text me.'

'Okay. Love you, Addie.'

'Love you too, babe.'

thanks for 50k reads, 1k votes, and all the lovely comments. you make writing this worthwhile.
also, i am well aware that the story is about drew and addie, and not about marriane and tom or addie and holden, but it all comes together in the end. trust the process on this one.