04: CHOCOLATE

drewstarkey | 10:53pm
Hey! I'll be running a little late, so meet you at quarter past noon?

addisonmallory | 11:07pm
That's okay, I would've been late, too lol

drewstarkey | 11:08pm
Okay cool so it's not just me hahah

addisonmallory | 11:09pm 
Nope, I've got a reputation ngl

drewstarkey | 11:11pm
Let's see who's the worse one, then 😂

addisonmallory | 11:14pm
It's on 😎

It takes all in Addie to keep Marianne from tagging along. If the French-Brit is anything, it's stubborn and persistent, which Addie claims to be the worst two stereotypical traits she could've picked up from the two cultures – and they both know she's right.

  'I won't bother you'' says Marianne, looking at Addie through her rose-tinted sunglasses. 'I'll just be behind you. You won't even know I'm there!'

  Addie sighs and leans sideways against the doorway. Marianne's foot is blocking the door from closing, and this is all dragging out way beyond rational.

  'Marianne, I'm going there for literally five minutes. It's not a big deal.'

  'He's a famous actor.'

  'He's not even that famous. I met him in a fucking Tesco, Marianne!'

  The look she receives for that statement is scorching – but the edge in the girl's eyebrow relaxes, and Marianne gives way to one of her quiet sighs. 'Fine. Whatever. Go have fun.'

  'Thanks,' says Addie; a weak attempt to keep the bitter tone at bay.

  The door shuts with a bang – she waits until she hears faint footsteps disappearing into the heart of the apartment. It's not that she doesn't trust Marianne, but the girl usually lives in her own world and tends to disregard the common notions of what would be okay in a situation like this. Addie doesn't hold it against her. She can't hold who Marianne is against herself.

  With this now over and done with, Addie walks down two flights of stairs and exits the building. It's a sunny day, just like it was yesterday, and she takes some pride in the fact that she's got her contacts in, and sunglasses, and a face that doesn't look like somebody tortured her for a week. There's a spring to her step even if she tries to control it, and really, Addie just feels great.

  Although, she still can't believe she's about to meet up with Drew Starkey to exchange phones because he got startled and gave her the wrong one.

  She doesn't even have the damn photo they took together.

  The thought makes her laugh, and relax a little, and somehow it clicks in her head that Drew really is just a regular guy, susceptible to ridiculous shitty things happening to him just like everyone else. It calms her on her walk down to Tesco, even when it's a few minutes after they've agreed on meeting up and he's still not here.

  Expected, really. He did say he'd be late, after all.

  When he finally walks out of the car, she doesn't realise it's him, at first. The car he's driving is a silver Toyota, looking a little older than she'd expect. He parks it a couple dozen feet away from her, and the only reason she even takes note of the car is because it's similar to the one her high school friends used to drive when they were all still back in town. Her eyes land on the dark-haired figure inside the car and recognises him only when the Atlanta sun shines its light on him, making the brown strands appear almost blonde, blonde structure framed by the sun's gentleness.