Chapter 8

I woke up to the sound of Maya screaming, "YOU DID WHAT?!"

"I told you," Marcus sighed, "I was drunk, and I couldn't hide my feelings from her!"

That is when everything came flooding back again- the songs, the tears, and the kiss. I touched my lips and smiled... Marcus kissed me last night. 'Wait, don't you like Jake?'

'When did I start liking Jake?' the other part of me debated, this went on and on, until I pushed them both out of my head and walked downstairs.

I hid near the door, as I heard Abuela speaking, "Marcus you tonto (fool), why did you make her life complicated.... and ours? Even if you like her, I told you to stay away from her, she is the fiancée of Jake Gracia, now king of the ruffians, marca mis palabras (mark my words), if you do anything like that, EVER again, or tell her your feelings, ¡Te voy a bofetear! (I will slap you!)" I walked into the kitchen pretending like I didn't hear anything. Everybody composed themselves before Abuela turned to me, "Lo siento mi amor, (I'm sorry my love) did we wake you up?" I shook my head 'no' as I greeted Maya and Marcus who were already there. Abuela stared at Marcus for a short while, before turning her gaze back to the sandwich she was making. Shortly after that, Marcus questioned, "so...are you prepared for today?" I bought my hand to my face as I silently gasped. Seeing my expression, he laughed and pointed his index finger at me sternly, "I'm still testing you today, whether you remembered or not!"

"Please Marcus!" I pleaded

"Nope!" He replied with resolved face, "meet me in the basement at 12! Oh by the way, can I talk to you outside for a minute?" I nodded and left with him, both Maya's and Abuela's eyes on us.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" He asked searching my eyes for answers. I debated with myself if I should tell him or not. "Honestly Marcus," I stopped, "I don't remember anything from last night." He let out a small sigh of relief as he patted my back, "see you" he whispered before leaving.

At 11:55, I ran out with a towel around my neck and sprinted towards the basement. I did my hair into two dutch braids and cleared my throat as I walked into the gym. It was huge! In the middle, was a huge fighting ring, on the right were all the equipment you needed to exercise, and on the left wall, there were all kinds of weapon. In front was a dummy doll that had targets on the chest.

"Tarde otra vez! (late again!)" Marcus sneered at me. For a second his face softened as he looked me up and down, before it was replaced by the same evil sneer. Clearly my face showed my fear as he chuckled evilly, "Asustada ya (already scared)" He threw a knife over my head missing my head by a few centimeter. I didn't move or look scared anymore, it was replaced by anger. 'Why was he doing this?' I questioned myself

He let out a low eerie chuckle, "¡No te lo voy a poner fácil! (I'm not going to make it easier for you!) Follow me"

He took us to a room where all kinds of weapon laid out in front of me. I chose a few knifes, as he pushed me through a motion sensor glass door and locked it. A person came at me, and I threw one knife in his heart, as I saw another one creeping behind me from the corner of my eye. I chucked one, and it landed in the person's head. This went on and on, until I had showed of my awesome (if I say so myself) combat skills and killing skills without even breaking a sweat. I turned around to see all my family clapping, except two people... Camila, and Marcus. I shook the thought away, as I took a bow in front of them.

"¡Lo peor que he visto en mi vida! (The worst thing I have ever seen!)" Marcus sneered at me, "you've done that, let's see how you manage against me!"

My eyes widened in horror, "¡No, Marcus, no pelearé contigo! (No, Marcus, I won't fight you!) Eres mi primo y eres mi familia Marcus (You are my cousin and you are my family Marcus)"