Chapter 12

Jake's point of view:

I watched her cry her eyes out from the news I had just told her. I sighed and watched the sun go down, until it wasn't visible anymore. Her smile...her laugh...her walking style...they were all perfect, just like her. Yes, every word that I said to her in the café was true, every single word, like a dagger that had stabbed her heart even further, was true. I felt miserable! I made Sofia feel more miserable that she was already feeling. I walked to my car and drove until the clock chimed 1 in the morning before heading back to my house. 

"Are you okay?" My younger sister Adriana asked me. I nodded and walked upstairs, not realizing Lucy, my older sister, standing there. "Jake..." Lucy whispered, "talk to me!" She took me into a hug, before leading me into my room. "I told her Lucy, I told her everything she needed to know!" Her eyes went wide, as she rested her hand on top of my hand, "and...what did she say?"

"Nothing," I replied in a whisper like voice, "she just cried."

"What did you do to her when you told her all of the news?"

"I handled it really badly Lucy!" I came clean to her, as I cried on her shoulder.

"How?"

"I grabbed her chin harshly, and told her that I am the heir to the Spanish Mafia, then..." I stopped, realizing my mistake. I should have been their for her, rather than leaving her all alone, "I told her that our wedding is in a weeks time!"

Lucy sighed and ruffled my hair, "as long as you realize your mistake, and learn from it! Now go to sleep, you've had a long night." She left my room and I fell asleep almost instantly.

On the night of the 3rd day, I send Sofia a video, that held all the information of her parents, how her mother died, and what her mother said at her last breath.

Around 4, I got a call from Marcus, "boss, we need you, we are going to get Sofia to talk to the prisoner!" I jumped out of my bed, got ready in black pant, and a black shirt. I raced to their house. When I reached there, I went to the darkest part of the prison cell, and leaned against the wall, blending perfectly with the darkness. I saw as she entered the room, and asking the prisoner questions. What have I done to her? I thought sadly, but at the same time, I smirked at how sexy she looks.

When she left, the guards looked at me to confirm, and I nodded in response. As soon as they left, Marcus pinned me against the wall, "What have you done to her, Jake?" He nearly screamed at my face. In return, I put my head down, and whispered, "I don't know!"

"What?" He shouted in my face

"I don't know!" I pushed him back as I glared at him, but my voice turned in a hush tone, "I don't know Marcus!" With that, I left the house.

The night before the Wedding day:

I felt anxious, knowing that tomorrow, Sofia will be with me at all times, but at the same time.... I couldn't wait!