Chapter 2 Stupidity

Ah.

He should've known...

L was looking at the computer, horrified, yet not showing it, that his only caregiver that loved him had just died.  L wasn't about to lose, oh no. Not to some shinigami bitch.

Yeah, it was a pretty dumb idea, but what has L got to lose? His crush, Light Imaga-Yagami, doesn't even return his feelings, he learned this by pretending to be drunk and asking Light 'drunk', his whole childhood was hell and his caregiver was dead for christ sakes. Might as well give it a shot.

L was about to move, but there was a slight error. He couldn't move! Instead he just fell to the ground, gasping for some oxygen that just never came. 

''Ryuzaki!?'' The room was filled with panic and worried expressions. Light lunged foward and caught L in his arms. ''Dammit Ryuzaki! No! Don't die, stay here! Weren't you supposed to kick Kira's ass?!'' Light shouted. His expression petrified as if he ran into a tree, which really hurts.

But then, it changed into a slight smile. 'I won.' he mouthed 'Game over, L. I, Kira, have won.'

L was skilled at reading lips, so...

The light-headed man's eyes widen. How stupid was he? How could he have let all of this evidence Light was leaving get past him?

Ah

He should've known...

L started to close his eyes.

'No. No. No. No. No!' L chanted mentally

He was getting close to darkness.

'Fuuuuuuck.'

He was so close to death, but hey, at least he got to die in his crush's arms!

Yes, I said (wrote) crush. Much to L's displeasure, he still liked Light. He was never really able to get rid of the feelings.

''Goodbye, L.'' Light whispered only for L t to hear.

'I like you.' were his last thoughts before darkness swooped in and did its job. Light grinned. It was hidden from the others, however. Finally he had gotten rid of that bothersome little pest.