Chapter 8 The Motel

Light narrowed his eyes at Ryuk as they were finding a motel, bringing a sleeping L closer to his chest. ''Would you fucking SHUT UP FOR LIKE 2 SECONDS?'' he shouted angrily. Ryuk let out a wolf whistle. ''Don't you think you and L are a little too...close.'' The brunet inhaled and turned to glare at the Shinigami. He never shuts up, does he? Ryuk put his hands up defensively. ''Don't get all pissed at me because you like him. It's ok, Light. I won't judge. You like guys, and that's ok. Homos are cool, y'know?''

Light thought it would be best to ignore all of the Grim Reapers bullshit.

Sadly, for him, it was hard to ignore all of Ryuk's words. Since he was being so damn loud. After 10 minutes of torture, Ryuk gasped and pointed a 'finger' towards a building. ''Oi, oi, OI, a building, YES!'' Light squinted his eyes and hummed. ''Looks abandoned though...'' he pointed out. The shinigami scoffed. ''Please. Don't tell you're scared, after everything you've seen, you're scared of a abandoned building?''

''You're right.'' Light admitted. ''I mean, I have seen you, so, I guess I shouldn't be frightened of something like this.'' 

''Should I be offended?'' Ryuk asked.

''Yes.''

''Then I'm offended.''

''Should I apologize?'' The brunet asked as well.

''Yes.''

''Then I'm not going to apologize.''

Ryuk rolled his 'eyes'. ''Wow, aren't you the rude one. Y'know, I can kill you, you ass.'' Light shot back with, ''I'm already dead.'' And so, they had an argument about how Ryuk wouldn't kill even though Light was being a rude fuck, and already dead. Before they knew it, the Shinigami and semi-Shinigami were standing right in front of the entrance of a motel. A very, very dirty looking motel.

Light cringed. ''Disgusting.'' Ryuk huffed. ''Well, do you really want to go to a place that has people? I mean, what would they say about your wings? I'm already surprised you were stupid enough to go strutting around with those things on your back. And here I thought you were smart.'' The brunet ignored him and walked inside the - already open - door.

''It's fucking dark in here.'' Light commented as he made his way through the dark, secluded lobby and up the stairs, in search for a room that wasn't that filthy. The Grim Reaper chuckled and flew up to the cursing male. ''Now, now, Light-kun, didn't your parents ever teach you it was bad to curse?'' 

''Light-kun want you to shut the fuck up.''

Ryuk mouthed a 'wow' as he continued to follow the boy.

Finally, the brunet found a room that looked decent enough to sleep in. 609, was the room number. Ryuk snorted. ''Pfft...69.'' Light sighed though his nose. ''You're so immature.''

''And you're so gay.''

''Wow,'' Light rolled his brown eyes. ''I'm so offended.'' He then scoffed, ''I can't believe you used 'gay' as an insult.''

''Oi, gay means happy, you uneducated shit.'' 

''Okay, wow, calling me happy hurt so much, ouch.''

Since Ryuk was such a gentleman, he opened the door for Light. The semi-Shinigami laid down the - still - snoring raven gently on the queen-sized looking bed. He grabbed a blanket from the closet, dusted off all of the dust, and covered up L. Ryuk nodded once as he leaned against a wall. ''You really are boyfriend material, just to let you know.''

Light growled. ''Let's just go train.'' Ryuk hummed and pushed himself off the wall. ''You sure it's alright to leave him alone?'' The brunet nodded. ''Yeah, he'll be fine.'' The Grim Reaper looked back at L and smirked. ''You really care about him. I can tell.''

''Shut up and let's go.''

''Really! I'm serious. You look at him as if...as if...'' Ryuk rubbed his chin. ''The way you look at him is like you had a really good fap.'' Light choked on air and the Shinigami had to wait for at least a minute until the semi-Shinigami regained air.

''Can...Can we just go?''

''Sure thing, lover boy.''

Light ran down to the lobby, chasing after Ryuk.