Chapter 9

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Chapter 9
Who Is She?
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"Rail me."

The word escapes Koharu like nothing. Y/N smacks her head with a file nearby, hard, "Are you possessed?! Coming to my office and that's your first word!" Y/N hides her face in embarrassment as the female who's standing in front of her table smiles.

"Then what else did you do with that Haitani brother yesterday?"

"Cooking." Y/N glares at the female with her blood boiling. "Suddenly cooking sounds interesting. Maybe you can tell me the details? Because Haitani Rindou seems to be a rough person without mercy. Ah! Lucky to be you—" A loud slam echoes through the room, Y/N slams the file on the table, hard.

"I hate him. I don't fall for a criminal."

"Don't say that Y/N. Because based on what my grandpa told me, something that you hate will be something that you love." Y/N stares at the wall in front of her, thinking about the word she says. Bullshit. How can we love something that we hate?

"Go back to work, Haru." Y/N stands up, grabbing her medical coat and ties her hair into a bun to prevent the strands of hair from disturbing her during work. "You know, Y/N.." Following Koharu, she stands up, massaging her best friend's shoulders. "There's this one shop that I know, and they're doing some sales—"

"Oh! I can hear a patient calling for me. See you later!" Y/N cuts her sentence, Koharu whines in defeat, "You need to hear me first!" Y/N sprints towards the door, as Koharu tries to catch her. "No! No! I'm broke!" They run through the hallway, like two childs are chasing each other. Until they bump into someone. The hospital chief of cardiology department.

"W-We are so sorry, Doctor Watanabe!"

They both bow 90 degrees to the old man in front of them in apology for their childishness. "What are you guys doing, running through the hallway?" Koharu quickly stands up straight, pointing her finger at Y/N, "Doctor, Y/N refuses to grant my wish." Y/N gasps, pushing the female's shoulder with her arm, "No, Doctor. I have no money and this chicken over here can't stop buying unnecessary things."

"Woah, woah, who do you call chicken?" Koharu hugs herself, tightening her arms around her body. "You." Y/N glares at her. "If I'm a chicken then you're a chick." They're arguing, while the chief is staring at them, scratching his head. "Huh? Why the hell am I a chick?"

"Because you're my daughter." Y/N pinches the female's arm, cursing under her breath, "Who said I'm your daughter? We're only three months apart," A big sigh escapes from the old man in front of them, as he smiles awkwardly, "You two, should be careful with the surroundings. The Haitani family is doing a patrol in the hospital area."

Haitani family?

"I should go now, take care." The chief smiles before walking away from the two women that are freezing. "The Haitani family?" Y/N whispers quietly, not wanting others to hear. "Don't know. Maybe the father is hot because the sons are hotties." Koharu shrugs her head with a grin before smacking the back of Y/N's head as a goodbye.

I wonder what their parents look like. Are they as strict as their sons? Are they as possessive as Rindou? Are they as arrogant as Rindou? Thoughts about that family have been entering into her head as if she opens a port to let them in. Y/N makes her way to the lobby, having some business at the counter.

And that's when she sees Rindou, Ran, a middle aged woman and man. She's about to fall there due to the surprise, but she quickly holds the counter for support. Y/N, at a very face and rushing pace, turning her body, making her back facing the people. She doesn't want Rindou to see her. Not after what happened yesterday.

"Doctor Y/N, are you okay? You're sweating and pale." Y/N grabs a box of tissue nearby in panic and wipes all the sweat that is covering her skin. "D-Does it too obvious?" The nurse nods a little, telling yes. Shit, Shit. "Are they gone?" Y/N takes a seat in front of the nurse, massaging the temple of her head with her finger. "Who do you mean by?" Y/N mutters,"The Haitani family over there."

"Well, Doctor. One of the members is standing right behind you."

Terror extremely seizes, as a wave of fear rushes through her. The astonishment robs her speech, she loses the feelings of her legs now. "Are you dying?" A deep voice appears next to her head. Y/N stumbles over, and almost falls from the chair. The scene causes the Haitani family to look in her direction. She's fuckep up in a complete embarrassment. "What makes you shocked like this? I'm a human not a ghost."

Even ghosts are way more polite than you. Y/N stands on her legs, fixing her coat and clears her throat. She has to be professional. "I apologise for that reaction earlier, Mr. Haitani." She bows her head in front of that man, walking away in decency. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." She mumbles the word all the way to her office. As soon as she enters the room, she locks her door shut. "Fuck!" Y/N leans against the door, breathing heavily.

***
Ice cream releases all the pain away. Not pain. Embarrassment. So let me recite the sentence again, Ice cream releases all the embarrassment away.

Y/N pushes the ice cream shop's door open, as the sound of ringing can be heard due to the automatic notification. She looks down, staring at the floor all the way through the shop. She can't look at people after what happened in the lobby earlier. For the first time, she feels this flustered. Y/N heads to the ice cream counter, gazing at the sweet looking ice cream flavours. "Yes, Ms. What would you like to order?"

She bites her bottom lips, how to choose? It's hard. All of them look gorgeous, making her drool. Sometimes, Y/N wants to ignore the life rules and punches everyone here so she can get a full excess of those ice cream. Huh. Say someone who just stumbled over a chair because of a male. Her inner voice mocks her. Y/N shakes her head rapidly, as the worker stares at her, mouth opens.

"What do you recommend?"

The worker smiles, showing the flavour of his choice. "Cookies N' Cream. It's the best seller here." Y/N jaw hangs open, watching the glazing and chunks of the cookies. Look so fucking good. "Give me— Three cups." The worker freezes before smiling again. Three cups, maybe, they are small cups. That's what he thinks. "Size? Maybe small—"

"Large."

The wide smile on the worker soon disappears, following with his eyes widening. This isn't a female. This is a monster. He thinks. How can a female finish three large cups of ice cream by herself? The smile then comes across the worker's face again, as he thinks, Three large cups of Cookies N' Cream, maybe for her friends or family too.

He tries to keep the positivity in his mind. Reaching out for the scooper, he begins to scoop the ice cream and places them into all the three large cups. "Your friends or family will love this, I'm sure." Y/N chuckles innocently, staring at the view of her ice cream. "Who says— I'm going to share with someone?"

Now the worker's positivity has completely gone, along with his smile. This is really a monster. Y/N grabs the ice cream, making her way to the counter. She pays for it, not noticing there's a table near the counter. But she doesn't care about it. Now, she just wants to focus on her ice cream.

"Heh? Mr. Surgeon is here,"

Tingling sensation runs through Y/N's blood upon the familiar, very familiar deep voice. She slowly darts her attention to that table, finding Rindou is there, but not alone. He's with a woman. And she's bribing him with a spoon of ice cream. Who is she? And what is she doing here, being all sweet with that man?

"Rindou, come on. A scoop of ice cream sweeps all the worries away."

The female says.

***
Please appreciate my hard nwork by commenting and voting ♪('ε)!