Chapter 27

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Chapter 27
Wish I Could Be There
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Welcome back after having three days off!"

Koharu walks by Y/N throughout her entrance into the hospital. A smile appears on her face, she's a light in Y/N's heart that never fails to cheer her up. "Morning, Haru." They enter the lift together, waiting for it to reach the level they're waiting for.

"I actually have something to do, so see you later." Koharu waves a goodbye before Y/N tells her to meet during the lunch. She has meetings to attend with Ishida today, and it's going to be packed and hell of tired. Y/N leans against the seat professionally, checking the documents on her desk. Suddenly pop sounds come from her phone and rushingly, she checks for the messages.

Rin
Oi.
I'm gone for four days due to some mission.

Y/N's eyes stare at the screen in shock, "Since when did he—" Since when did he add his number back into my phone again? He must have added it when Y/N was sleeping back three days ago. And without her permission. Y/N leaves the messages with seen, then she continues to focus on her work again.

Rin
How dare you ignore me.

Y/N checks her phone again, gulping. Then what should she answer? Oh I'm going to miss you? Take care and don't work too hard? Hell no.

Y/N
What did you expect me to say then?

Y/N throws her phone away, pretending to ignore him. But the truth is she's waiting for his answer. A few minutes have passed, and still no popping sound can be heard. Y/N checks her phone again, waiting for him but just to find out Rindou leaves her message with blueticks. "He must be busy."

A soft knock on the door, causing Y/N to lift her gaze up and find Ishida entering along the doorway. "I'm here to discuss the day after tomorrow's operation." Y/N nods respectively, before signalling Ishida to sit across her. "These are the files about the patient's information and health history." They start to discuss for approximately two hours. "I hope you can have some rest before this big operation next week." Ishida compiles all the files together, "You look happier than before." Ishida whispers, making Y/N shrug. "Nothing changes, I'm still the same person."

"Or maybe the presence of Haitani Rindou resulted in this?"

Y/N gasps, moving her gaze away from Ishida as she stares at the blank computer's screen. "No." No. Or more to the point, I don't know. "Hmm, rare for you to get weakened over an individual." Y/N smiles, stretching her arms with a slight yawn and escapes from her. "Then that's what Haru did to you too." Ishida stuns in his place, quickly slamming the files on the desk. "Never!" He stomps his feet to the door, planning to leave the room as soon as possible.

"Koharu is a good woman. Appreciate her."

Ishida glares at Y/N, one last time, before slamming the door shut. A pop sound from her phone causes Y/N to find her realisation back and grab her phone in a rush. She knows exactly whose message she's waiting for. Chifuyu? But it turns out to be another person.

Chifuyu
Tonight. Promise, okay?

Y/N smiles, replying to his message with Yes. Can't wait! Tonight, they're going to have dinner together with Kazutora at Y/N's place. It's going to be tremendously fun. A few hours have passed already, and Rindou still hasn't replied to her message. Y/N sighs, her work is finally done. Now she can shop for some groceries. Tonight is going to be the time where she shows off her cooking skills.