Chapter 55

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Chapter 55
Declaration of War
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Y/N's eyes shut open in wide, as she clicks her tongue. "Tch." The female looks at her, as she runs her hand through her silky dark orange coloured hair. She's tall. Taller than Y/N and seems to be only a few centimetres shorter than Rindou. "You are the whore that got Rindou into an accident." Whore. Y/N can't accept being called like that. Years, she has been gaining respect from other people. And this bitch came from nowhere, slapped her and called her a whore. She raises her arm, is about to slap the newcomer back but she manages to grab Y/N's arm. "How dare you low-key peasant do this to Rindou?" Y/N chuckles. Low-key peasant. This bitch has stepped beyond the boundary.

"I'm a doctor and surgeon L/N Y/N for your information." Yet the lady doesn't show any amazement. "Do you think I care about that? My family is worth more than your career." Her family? "Get out." She glares at Y/N. These two women are fighting each other like they are conducting World War III with a coma patient in front of them. "I won't." Y/N gives a pressure upon her voice. "Don't you feel ashamed of doing this to Rindou and have the audacity to show your whore face—" SLAP.

Finally. Y/N slapped her back. "Be careful in choosing your words because my patience has its limit." Y/N feels like wanting to sprint to the operation room, bring all the tools along and operate this bitch right here. "Do you know who I am?" Y/N's silent. She has no shit to know who she is. "I'm Haitani Sekiya. Haitani Rindou and Haitani Ran's cousin." Cousin? He has never told her about his relatives before. And it turned out that a bitch is one of his relatives?

"You know what? I was grateful that Rindou broke off the marriage because—" She looks at Y/N, up and down, like examining her. "I don't think he deserves a prostitute." Y/N clenches on her fists so hard. So hard that her nails sink into her palm and blood will flow out. "I am not a prostitute." Sekiya chuckles, as if Y/N is telling her a fun comedic storytelling. "Not a prostitute? Then how did you make Rindou fall in love with you? I've known him since we were so little. He despised girls. Or did you trick him into something using your body?"

Y/N wants to pull that woman's orange hair so bad, pulling her eyeballs out and fry them. But she's Haitani. And that's what is blocking her. "You even look like a boy. Short hair, so little makeup. How did he even fall in love with a low class person like you?" All of her words hit Y/N so deep. She can't bear it anymore. Not today. She is in no mood to be mad. Y/N turns around as she reaches for the door knob. "Oh, and,"

"I don't want you to visit Rindou anymore. The Haitani family doesn't need you. And don't even dream of becoming one of us."

Y/N bites her lips. So hard. And her nails sink even deeper into the skin of her palm. She closes the door violently with the loudest slam. She leans against the closed door, shutting her eyes. She inhales and exhales. Not today. Not again. She has promised to herself to become a patient person and reduce her anger. She stares down to her palm, seeing blood. How deep she grips her fist that the nails created cuts in her skin. She touches her lips, also, there's blood. She bit them so hard.

Oh, lord. What kind of test in life she has to go through now?

***
Haitani Ran opens the door, finding an unexpected guest. "Sekiya?" The female smiles, watching her cousin as she hugs him. "When did you return back to Japan? You didn't even tell us." She giggles. "Auntie called me. I was shocked too. But I quickly booked a ticket to Japan." Ran nods. "How's auntie doing?" Here comes the untold truth. Ran, Rindou and Sekiya used to meet together a lot. But when Sekiya was 23, she moved to the US to work there. And now she's 25 years old. Exactly. Two years younger than Y/N and four years younger than Rindou. But, here comes the truth. Ran and Rindou have never liked her. Despite the fact that she's beautiful, she's rather annoying. Ran knows one thing— Sekiya likes Rindou. That's why she loved to cling around him. Even Rindou finds that irritating, they would never show it because the Mother will be mad for not getting along with their cousin.