Chapter 9

Manny sat on his throne and looked through some papers when somebody pushed open the oak wood french doors. Manny sighed, "What do you want now, Pitch?" He rubbed his temples as Pitchinger stood in front of the royal with a frown plastered on his face.

"Are you serious, Manny?" The advisor growled as the king rolled his eyes. "Could you be more specific?" He asked the dark man as Pitch shot him a death glare. "The freaking prince is missing and all you can think about is opening the borders." He yelled.

Manny looked at Pitch sternly, "These people have been trapped here for too long, Pitch. I did everything you asked me too until now." Pitch laughed bitterly, "Because only I know what best for the kingdom." He smiled evilly.

"Only a king knows what's best for his kingdom, not a royal adviser, " he scoffed as Pitch muttered something under his breath and left the throne room as Manny put a fist under his chin. Maybe Pitch is right. He sighed. Returning to the papers.

Right then one of his guards burst into the room. He stood in a salute position and Manny pardoned him. "Your highness. A witness said that they saw the prince heading North out of the kingdom with two strangers." He yelled.

Manny's eyes widened, "Were these strangers identified." He asked sitting up straight. "Sir no sir, but one was seen with platinum blonde hair and the other with wild red curly hair, probably Scottish. Both girls Sir." The man stood straight.

A memory flashed into Manny's mind.

~~~~flashback~~~~

A wild red curly haired girl twisted and turned as the guards carried her to the throne room. "Get of me, ya wee lambs" she yelled as she stood in front of the king. "And who might you be?" He asked the girl.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "It's non ya business" she spat as Manny stood straight in front of her. "Judging by our accent, your a Scott. Far from home now are we?" He asked as she looked at him fiercely. "Throw her in the dungeon." He waved as they took her down.

~~~~~flashback ends~~~~

Manny dismissed the guard and slumped on the throne. Jack had no relationship with this Scott otherwise he would have saved her the day she arrived in the palace. So it must have been with the platinum blonde.

Manny shook his head, the only platinum blonde Jack had known lived far away. She was too out of touch. He called one of his record keepers.

"Bring me all the records of platinum blonde's in the kingdom." He asked knowing that platinum blondes were rare in the kingdom. So he would kindly ask the witness do identify her out of the few. He smiled. Surely age had done him good, he was wiser now. He wouldn't make the same mistake, at least not again.

Soon enough, the record keeper brought him sixteen records of platinum blondes. A lady curtsied as she entered the room, standing in front of the king bravely. "Are you sure you saw two girls with the prince" he asked nonchalantly as she nodded.

He led her to a desk in the room and showed her the sixteen records of the girls. "Of the sixteen who was it?" He asked her as she looked at the records closely.

She pointed at one with crystal ice blue eyes and a pale complextion. "That's her." The lady said. He picked up the record and looked at the girl. She oddly reminded him off someone.

"Elsa Winters." He read her name. He bowed slightly and thanked the lady for her help as she left. "Aster," he called the record keeper as he bowed in front of the king. "Find out everything you can about Elsa Winters" his voice boomed loudly, making the man hurry away.

He turned back to the record. The girl was familiar. Very very familiar.

...........................

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter. I am in a writer's block. I promise to update as soon as I get inspiration.

Don't forget to read my other books
★Keep the beat
★The Spirit's Guardian
★Loving you is a losing came

And don't forget to hit that star down there and go to the next chapter. Cya.